Location: US, UK, Germany or the Czech Republic; 100% Remote
We’re building a different kind of IT company, one that meets our customers and our own team on their turf, on their terms. We’re growing fast right now and you can be part of it with all the opportunities to add value that come with that. Curious? Great! That’s what we like in a Softie!
Our Softies are a diverse and globally distributed team that are on a mission to change the future of data infrastructure with task-specific hardware and open source. We aim to do all the hard work so that our customers can adopt the best open source has to offer in a bulletproof and resilient way. Our team thinks differently, working as an integrated but globally dispersed team of experts in hardware manufacturing, firmware, software, infrastructure and everything in between.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain customer-facing and internal web applications
- Leverage and build upon reusable components and code libraries
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UX/UI designs
- Optimize applications for performance and extensibility
- Handling data and user input responsibly and securely
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
You should apply if you have:
- Strong understanding of modern, semantic HTML
- Strong understanding of future-friendly CSS, including processors such as PostCSS
- Strong understanding of data structures, and working with third-party APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Comfortable working with single-page application frameworks, such as Next.js
- Good understanding of accessibility and related specifications (e.g. WAI-ARIA)
- Strong eye for detail in design and user experience
- Experience with front-end testing tools and methodologies, such as Cypress and Jest
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and fixes
- Familiarity with alternative front-end build tools, such as Parcel or Gulp.js
- Familiarity with code quality tools and linters
We operate globally and also have some pretty cool offices worldwide. Time travel (aka time zone optimisation) is one of our super powers and we use this to our best advantage in setting up teams and how we work. To work successfully in this role, you’ll need to be based in either the US, UK, Germany or the Czech Republic. You’ll need to have the rights to work in your selected location.