Title: Full Stack Engineer – Back End Focused
Who We Are
SPINS is the leading provider of retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting for the Natural, Organic and Specialty Products Industry. We transform raw data into intelligent and actionable business solutions that enable consumers to pursue wellness. At SPINS, we believe data is important, but our people are the real differentiator. That’s why we maintain a culture that is focused on collaboration, flexibility, and open communication.
DAAP integrates data sources (SPINS, IRI, Nielsen, Whole Foods Market, Costco, Amazon, and more) into a single platform that provides one common view of category hierarchies and brand/sub-brand structures. We build a custom harmonized database that cleans and integrates the data so it can be used for the development of insights and tactical, strategic recommendations. We are looking to add a Full Stack Engineer (Back End Focused) to our team.
- Data Harmonization
- Data Customization
- Data Analytics
- Custom Platform Delivery
This Full Stack Engineer will own projects from start to finish. You will need to be comfortable taking an idea from a concept to a production ready, client facing application and being the point person for questions or changes relating to those projects. To be successful, the successful candidate must be comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy; know when to ask questions or get feedback from other team members.
Expect to wear many different hats. We are looking for someone who’s primary focus is Back-End development with Python, but you will be required to work on other tasks that may be more closely related to general Python work or Data Engineering from time to time. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, but we do need a willingness to learn skills that you may not already have.
Are you comfortable moving between multiple tasks or projects in a short amount of time? We focus on getting each task or project to a production ready state before moving on, but there may be times where you will be required to put a project on hold to complete other urgent tasks.
We ask that you follow Software Development best practices. Some of our processes lack in-depth documentation; we want to ensure that work going forward is meticulously documented and follows industry standard styling practices such as Python’s PEP-8.
- Very comfortable writing Python, including Back-End development with Django or Flash
- Experience writing SQL
- Experience with or a surface level understanding of and a willingness to learn GCP or AWS.
- Experience with Git. We use GitHub.
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members. Whether you are based at our Chicago headquarters or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- We embrace hybrid and remote work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and team SPINS Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.