Title: Fullstack Engineer
Location: US, Remote
mParticle is the leading independent customer data platform. We are focused on the infrastructure layer of a Company’s growth stack. Developers, engineers, product managers and marketers choose mParticle to simplify the flow of customer data between systems and applications, breaking down data silos and improving customer experiences. We work with big players and small, fueling the customer success of brands like NBC Universal, Spotify and Airbnb. We’re growing fast and offer smart, talented individuals an opportunity to be high impact players as we scale and achieve our vision for being the world leader in this space. We care deeply about culture and our people, creating a place where you can do your best work and love doing it!
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and one of Wealthfront Career Launching companies of 2021!
As a Software Engineer – Full Stack, you will work alongside an independent team of engineers and pair directly with product managers and designers to spec and build complex yet highly usable, intuitive and responsive user experiences. You will help build both the UI screens as well as the backing APIs, write high quality, maintainable code in a tight-nit startup environment. Every team at mParticle is empowered with ownership over a product area, and you’ll be central to understanding users’ challenges and ensuring the quality and deployment of new features in that area.
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates. mParticle is a core extension of the data infrastructure for some of the largest businesses in the world and our platform processes nearly one-third of the world’s smartphone traffic.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work side-by-side a team of engineers, product managers and designers to help understand mParticle’s users’ needs and refine the product experience
- Build new screens, dashboards, custom controls and complex UX workflows
- Modify existing APIs and build new APIs to support both new UI and new developer-focused, public API workflows
- Build and improve our comprehensive unit and integration test suite to ensure long term quality of the platform and user experience
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of proven success working as a Full Stack engineer shipping frontend UI and collaborating with backend engineers
- Ability to produce pixel-perfect screens using HTML and CSS from high-fidelity designs
- Experience with a frontend SPA framework such as React, Vue.js, Angular, Aurelia, or other similar frameworks.
- Experience in building and modifying REST APIs
- Experience with C#, Java or another strongly typed language
- Experience with Entity Framework or a similar ORM framework.
- Passionate in ensuring that the mParticle UX is performant and highly responsive even while representing large amounts of data
- Experience in SQL-like languages and tools.
- Ability to learn quickly and display analytical thinking
What’s in it for you:
- 100% company paid health care (medical, dental, vision) for employees enrolled in our baseline plan with affordable cost sharing options for your dependents. We make certain you’re protected, have the options you need for care, and that it’s affordable for all.
- If you’re enrolled in our high deductible plan, we fully cover your deductible through annual Health Savings Account contributions which are yours to keep. This is for both individuals and for those with dependents.
- A truly flexible work environment with unlimited vacation, 11 paid company holidays, and quarterly mental health reboot days. This also includes a hybrid work model that provides you the opportunity to design your work in ways that support you and your family.
- Free mental health coverage through our partnership with BetterHelp which provides you and your dependents with unlimited counseling sessions – all at no cost to you.
- An ownership culture where everyone receives stock options and can fully participate in mParticle’s success.
- Parental leave for maternity (12 paid weeks) and parental leave for the supporting parent (6 paid weeks) and real encouragement to take that time to bond as a family.
- Generous wellness programs, learning and development opportunities, pet insurance for our furry family members, and so much more!
- Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.