Digital kampagneekspert til UNHCR, FN’s Flygtningeorganisation, i Danmark
Vi søger en kreativ og visionær digital fundraiser & campaigner til UNHCR’s dynamiske fundraising team i FN Byen i København. Vi har brug for dig, som har erfaring med at udvikle engagerende kampagner, og som ved hvad der skal til, for at få og fastholde bidragydere, kunder eller medlemmer– og skabe opmærksomhed. Du er visuelt sikker og har en skarp pen som du bruger, når du udvikler og eksekverer kampagner og andre tiltag, som kan engagere danskerne. Du er vant til at anvende både digitale platforme og medier, og har også erfaring med e-mail marketing, kunde/donorrejser mv.
Med mere end 82 mio. mennesker på flugt fra krige, konflikter og forfølgelse er behovet for at engagere flere danskere i at hjælpe de mange flygtninge verden over enormt. Sammen med engagerede danske og internationale kollegaer i både FN-byen i København og fra hele verden samt nogle af verdens mest betydningsfulde influencers og ambassadører, har du nu mulighed for at arbejde med en af de største globale udfordringer og udbrede kendskabet til den globale flygtningesituation og UNHCR’s arbejde blandt danskerne. Er det noget for dig at blive en del af en hurtigt voksende og ambitiøs FN fundraising-operation, så læs mere her:
Title: Fundraising Communication Associate (IG)
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Duration: January – December 2022 (with possibility of extension)
Contract Type: UNOPS LICA-6
Posting date: 17 November 2021
Closing date: 8 December 2021**
UNHCR is recruiting a Fundraising Communication Associate (IG) in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Established in December 1950, UNHCR is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees. In more than seven decades, UNHCR has helped more than 70 million people restart their lives. Today, UNCHR staff in more than 130 countries continue to help and protect millions of refugees, returnees, internally displaced and stateless people.
UNHCR has relocated several key functions from our Headquarters in Geneva to UN City in Copenhagen, including UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnership Service (PSP) supporting UNHCR’s growing engagement with the private sector in all regions of the world. This is a high priority area as we face a historic refugee crisis and financial support and strong engagement of the general public and the private sector is more critical than ever before.
In 2018 the PSP Office covering Denmark was established. PSP Denmark is now doubling its size and is set to meet ambitious results in 2021 and beyond. One of our key priorities is to accelerate our Individual Giving programme, targeted at the general public to secure the support of individuals. The aim is to generate both monthly and one-time financial donations using various channels and methods including social media, telemarketing and digital fundraising, with focus on strong donor loyalty and lifetime value. Increased visibility and engagement from the Danish public is also essential.
To achieve this goal, PSP Denmark is hiring a Fundraising Communication Associate (IG) focusing on fundraising campaigns, communication and donor retention. Reporting directly to Head of Individual Giving, we are seeking a creative and dynamic campaign associate with a sharp pen who will contribute to our ambitious goals.
This exciting new function offers a unique opportunity to work with fundraising, public awareness and communication as part of a growing and dynamic small Danish team that works closely with regional and global experts in a truly international and inspiring environment. The team is growing fast, and the ambition is to keep expanding the team. Our new colleague as digital fundraiser & campaigner will contribute to the overall development and implementation of the individual giving fundraising programme and the embedding of our digital transformation in line with UNHCR’s global strategy.
UN City currently hosts 11 UN organizations with 1,500 staff representing more than 100 nationalities.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment:
Being part of a small team, our new colleague is expected to take part and solve a variety of tasks to secure that the PSP team achieves its ambitious goals. The primary aim of the job is, however, to develop and manage digital and print campaigns as well as other types of content that engages the Danish public to support UNHCR’s work through donations. Thus, our new colleague is expected to be a creative campaigner with severe digital experience, design and visual understanding as well as strong copy writing capabilities as many campaigns are developed internally.
The position will be part of UNHCR’s PSP Denmark team. The tasks of the digital fundraiser and campaigner will be the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and manage digital fundraising campaigns that in new and compelling ways drive donations and increased engagement of the Danish public both continuously and during emergency situations;
· Create content to donation landing pages, including A/B split testing and other optimization measures;
· Develop content for print advertising and manage relationship with media suppliers;
· Produce content and contribute to the management of donor retention and donor development programmes through a variety of channels such as e-mail, telemarketing and sms;
· Host and manage the dialogue with our communities and respond to questions and comments across our social media platforms;
· Contribute to building the brand of UNHCR in Denmark through developing organic content for our digital platforms, including articles, copy production and photo/video selection;
· Analysis of fundraising performance and use this to develop and/or adjust content and campaigns;
· Keep abreast of fundraising and marketing trends and make recommendations on best practices for content, social media, social fundraising, and mobile marketing;
· Ad hoc activities to support the PSP Denmark team;
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
· Secondary education with preferably a degree in Marketing/Business Administration, Communications, Journalism, IT-studies, or a related field.
b. Work Experience
· Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with secondary education or minimum 2 years of relevant work experience with Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a Bachelor’s);
· Relevant work experience in a marketing/fundraising or communications unit, preferably in a not-for-profit organization or from a marketing position in a subsciber or member based organisation/company – or as a creative content creator or similar from eg. an advertising company;
· Solid experience with content production, including copywriting and assessing and selecting visuals for both digital and print media;
· Solid experience with developing digital (acquisition) campaigns, e-mail marketing, newsletter productions as well as branding activities – digital and print;
· Experienced and thrives with working with a global agenda that is getting public attention and turning complex matters into engaging campaigns;
· Proven ability to meet fundraising/marketing targets and drive results;
· Experience with Microsoft Office;
· Project management experience is an advantage;
· Experience with Google Analytics is an advantage.
· Excellent communication skills (writing) and fluency in English and Danish;
· Visually strong and with the ability to develop/or select eye catching and effective campaign and marketing materials;
· Strong analytical skills within digital marketing and knowledge of key digital measurement metrics;
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-driven – also under pressure;
· Pays attention to details, has a high sense of quality and accuracy;
· Is a team player and a cooperative colleague;
· Is able to drive your projects from A-Z and is results-oriented.
· Strong interest in the refugee cause;
· Experience or strong interest in working in an international, multicultural environment;
· Experience with automated customer/donor journeys, and with relevant tools such as with e-mail marketing systems;
· Experience with data management and using data to optimise marketing/fundraising campaings or digital performance;
· Interest in consumer engagement trends;
· Experienced with graphic design and video editing.
Location and Conditions
The successful candidate will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
This position is up to the end of the year with possibility of extension. It is a full-time role (40 hours per week).
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply online through the MSRP Portal with a Letter of Interest
Job Opening ID 31577: Fundraising Communication Associate (IG), UNOPS LICA-6
For any technical problems encountered during the on-line application, please contact the Global Service Desk at HQUSSD@unhcr.org by allowing sufficient time for the resolution of issue. For any other queries, please contact email@example.com
The closing date for submission of applications is 9 December 2021 midnight Copenhagen time