Title: Game Designer
Location: United States
Tripwire Interactive is looking for talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team. We’re an independent video game developer and publisher, known for first-person shooters like Red Orchestra, the wildly popular Killing Floor series, and more recently, the action RPG Maneater. Tripwire has solidified its place as one of the games industry’s leading independent developers. Our independence means the ability to work on our own timetables to craft games with a singular voice that reflects our own unique vision. We’re located in Roswell, GA, a historic suburb of Atlanta, where living is affordable and proximity to the city provides for plenty of opportunities. We believe in a collaborative work environment where team members are encouraged to take risks and push the boundaries of our medium. If that sounds like something you could get into, we’d love to hear from you!
Without a doubt, our office is an awesome place to work, but at Tripwire we recognize that the true office exists both inside and outside of our state-of-the-art facility. With our brand new Next-Gen Remote Work policy, we are able to remain fully productive regardless of what the world throws at us by allowing all employees to choose whether they’d like to work in-office, at home, or a bit of both. This program has been designed to give all Tripwire employees the tools to help them deliver their best work. For more information on Tripwire’s Next-Gen Remote Work Policy click here.
- Work closely with and take direction from Design Director or Design Leads to take game features, mechanics and content from concept to completion.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, animators and Audio/FX to design and implement game features, mechanics and content.
- Create or contribute to designs for a wide variety of game content such as weapons, characters, enemies, skills or other game features.
- Create and maintain game features and content like enemies, attacks, weapons or abilities and maintain engine assets related to them such as blueprints and behavior trees.
- Tune and tweak the timing, feel and balance of combat game features, mechanics and content.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments as needed.
- Excellent verbal communication skills along with the ability to create well written and formatted game design documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A positive, self-driven attitude.
- A passion for game design and creating games with fun, polished and ground-breaking game mechanics.
- Working knowledge and experience with UE4/5 and Blueprint.
- Ability to think logically and break down gameplay ideas and concepts into implementable systems.
- Experience as a combat designer or a game designer working with combat content or systems on at least 1 shipped title.
Preference To Candidates With
- At least 3 years experience in the games industry working as a game designer or combat game designer.
- Experience working on more than 1 AAA titles as a game designer or combat game designer.
- Experience working on enemy design and knowledge and experience working with behavior trees using UE4/5.
- Experience working with the UE4/5 gameplay abilities and effects system.
- Experience working on AAA first person shooter titles.
- Experience working on AAA open world titles.
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days