Title: Global Payroll Manager
Location: United States (Remote)
Pantheon’s WebOps Platform powers the open web, running sites in the cloud for customers including Stitch Fix, Okta, Home Depot, Pernod Ricard and The Barack Obama Foundation. Every day, thousands of developers and marketers create, iterate, and scale websites on the open web to reach billions of people globally. Pantheon’s SaaS model puts large and small web and digital teams in control of increasing the performance of their teams, websites, and marketing programs. Pantheon cloud native software includes governance, security and collaboration tools that make it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform. The built-in ability to simultaneously create, test, deploy and run live sites with unrivaled hosting speed, scalability and uptime give marketing teams the agility to win in the dynamic world of digital marketing.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.
Pantheon is currently looking for a motivated, proactive, and energetic individual to join the company’s Finance team as a full-time, remote member. The Global Payroll Manager will play a critical role to ensure that payroll, one of the most critical processes for Pantheon, is accurate, timely, and managed effectively. You will play a critical role, partnering with G&A teams as we upgrade our systems and continue to grow domestically and internationally! You will report to the VP Corporate Controller and will lead our Payroll function at Pantheon.
Cool Things You’ll Do
As the Global Payroll Manager, you will be joining our Finance team during a pivotal time for Pantheon as we are actively building out our Finance team and systems to support our domestic growth and international expansion. You will play a vital role in designing short-term and long-term strategies to achieve continuous improvement and efficiencies in payroll processing and in optimizing systems. We are just kicking off the project to implement Workday HCM and Payroll and this role will help lead this implementation along with our People Team. Our ideal candidate will have several years of payroll experience and be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-state and multi-entity environment.
- Lead the global payroll functions with one direct report, supporting our growing global workforce population
- Responsible for accurate and timely payrolls for all countries in compliance with local tax and labor regulations, including variable pay, stock or other supplemental or non-recurring pay runs.
- Manage relationship, payroll calendar and filings with international payroll providers according to regulatory, labor and tax guidelines.
- Development and execution of payroll strategies, planning, and communications; establish and maintain departmental policies, metrics, practices and procedures.
- Manage year end payroll processes and assist with 401K audit, workers comp audit support, and other compensation-related audits and reporting.
- Drive, review and audit work performed by your function, including auditing payroll data, ensuring accurate wages, tax withholdings, deductions, garnishments, processing quarterly tax adjustments and reporting compliance.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws; own registration process for new state tax compliance an ensure timely payroll tax deposits.
- Drive cross functional collaboration with our People Team and other departments in ongoing operations and cross-functional projects.
- Design, implement and perform SOX compliant controls relevant to the payroll process
- Accounting tasks related to payroll activity including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, financial trends and metrics.
- Support the annual financial audit and tax-related activities, including preparation of audit support, and coordinating with external international accountants related to foreign subsidiary compliance requirements.
- Mentor, develop, hire and train payroll team members.
- Respond to internal payroll questions, assist with the review of variable, equity, and special compensation transactions as needed, and handle ad-hoc payroll requests.
- Lead the implementation of Workday Payroll; coordinate with People Team on the Workday HCM implementation.
- Identify, recommend and champion process improvements to the current payroll process and systems.
- Stay current on all payroll and tax compliance changes.
What you Bring to the Table
- BA/BS degree
- CPP designation
- 6-8 Years of US and/or global payroll experience
- Unquestionable integrity
- Attention to detail, professional awareness, and sense of urgency for employee questions; be able to spot errors or exceptions quickly
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience with major payroll software such as Workday, ADP Workforce Now, ADP Smart Compliance, Cerifian or UltiPro.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including state regulations, preparation, balancing, internal control, stock transactions and payroll taxes
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- You are agile and enjoy the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment.
Bonus Points For:
- SAAS industry experience
- Netsuite and Workday Payroll experience
- Proficient with Google Suite
- Experience implementing a large-scale payroll system or major upgrade
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Flexible time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your workouts
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact email@example.com. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security