Remote – US
Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name Messari came from the Franciscan monks who declared “clean books” a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via “trust but verify” methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That’s what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
TIP FOR APPLYING: This role has a very high application rate. To remain a competitive candidate, it is recommended that you provide your portfolio link and password if applicable.
Messari is looking for a Graphic Designer to join the Brand Marketing team. As our sole Graphic Designer on the marketing team, you will play an integral part in the creative process from concept to development to execution. You will lead the design of a variety of projects across multiple marketing channels, including social media, GTM campaigns, paid media, email marketing, and more.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious leader who can balance strategic thinking and creative ideation with stellar execution of requested creative needs. You have a strong understanding of a SaaS B2B buyer’s journey and are creative in your positioning in marketing strategies. You will report to the Senior Brand Marketing Manager.
At Messari, we believe crypto is the technology of free people, free-thinking, and free markets. We believe that cryptoassets have the potential to revolutionize both technology and finance and improve the lives of people everywhere. Messari is a data ingestion and market research software and information company. The marketing team helps create, distribute and translate all product and content marketing to the world.
What we expect from you/what you will do:
- Develop and deliver high-impact, elegant and sophisticated graphics, animation, and infographics all to strengthen the Messari brand
- Translate product concepts and technical information into assets that speak to Mesari’s target audience
- Develop world-class assets, including but not limited to: logo designs, commercial graphics, graphic design and animations for presentations and videos, social media cards, product marketing visuals, content marketing visuals, integrated campaigns, brand campaigns, digital, branded merchandise, and more
- Work with Sr. Brand Manager to ensure alignment between Content, Go-To-Market, and Product teams in the use of our branding and visual language.
- Excellent skills in typography and layout, with an eye for elevated aesthetics
- Create design processes that grow as the company grows.
- 4+ years of experience as a graphic designer with a portfolio that shows your impact, creativity, and process
- Are an expert in graphics software, including but not limited to: Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.
- Strong understanding of design rules and principles and eye for detail & aesthetic
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Are instinctive about design strategy: you can discuss the why, not just the what or the how.
- Have experience working with agency partners, contractors, and cross-functional teams to deliver 360 marketing campaigns.
- You have excellent communication skills and aptitude for explaining design decisions
- A Plus: Cryptocurrency knowledge and experience or adjacent verticals and/or front-end website development. Not required.
What the marketing and communication department does:
- Create content programming that helps educate and inform our customers and the ecosystem to make better-informed building and investing decisions
- Communicate with our customers regarding their product marketing feedback and product issues
- Collaborate with external partners, industry influencers, members of the press, and more to build and maintain our brand equity
- Collaborate across various internal departments including product, business development, event planning, research, and sales, to ensure consistent delivery of full-funnel, multi-channel marketing needs
- Experiment with new marketing and communication channels in order to reach our customers and community via paid, earned, and owned avenues
- Advocate for data-driven marketing activities to ensure we can properly gauge the ROI for each activation we employ
- Create and deploy GTM campaigns in order to drive traffic to announce and create buzz around our products, services, and thought leadership
- Working closely with all marketing team members to devise online/offline marketing strategies across all functions
- Devise campaigns that result in lead generation for our sales and BD teams
About the Messari Team:
- A welcoming and open environment with people who love to collaborate on ideas and tackle complex problems
- Work with a small team of marketers, with the ability to make a large impact across product, research, and business development
- Participate in forums like Family Meals and Messari Happy Hour to share ideas or technologies you’ve been exploring and tinkering with
- Enjoy the ability to work remotely
Salary Ranges for this position (depending on experience):
$70,000 – $84,000
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team
We believe in building services that help people around the world engage with crypto and seek out talent that can broaden how we build for a diverse, global audience. At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.