Graphic Designer (Junior Associate/Associate)
Who we are and why what we do matters:
Do you want to begin your day knowing that your designs are making a meaningful impact in others’ lives? At DCG Communications we’re helping the government innovate in new ways to allow government employees to better serve Veterans, caregivers, and their families. DCG Communications is seeking a Graphic Designer (Junior Associate/Associate) to join our creative team. We are looking for skilled problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who are passionate about adding to our team culture as well as leveraging their design skills to make a difference.
At DCG Communications (DCG), we help clients reach their target audiences, build their brands, and enhance their reputations by hiring smart, innovative people and allowing them to use their skills and passions. Our work isn’t just creative, it’s meaningful. DCG supportsseverallong-term contracts with federal agencies, including the Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense, State, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, the U.S. Small Business Administration, Coast Guard, and the Agency for Global Media. When you are part of the DCG team, you help shape important initiatives from ending Veteran homelessness and suicide to curbing human trafficking in the United States.
Location:At DCG, many of our team members including this role are remote. With over 100 employees based in 23 states (and counting!), DCG is committed to hiring talented employees across the United States. The selected candidate will work during DCG’s core Eastern Standard Time business hours.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the creative team and working closely with art directors, writers, and other team members to continually push and strategically ideate new and innovative ideas across all platforms, technologies, and products.
- Working independently on a project with light oversight but knowing when to raise hand and ask “WHY.”
- Absorbing, applying, and pivoting based on internal and client feedback.
- Presenting work and making sound recommendations to internal and client stakeholders.
- Keeping a pulse on the industry at large and bring ideas/recommendations to the table around how we could apply them to our current/future work.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts or visual arts/communications from an accredited institution. Bachelor’s degree may be waived with exceptional portfolio/selling points.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional design experience in a marketing, agency, or communications setting.
- Advanced knowledge and skillwith all related Adobe Creative Cloud products (IE Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects).
- Knowledge of 508-compliance.
- Natural storyteller who can take an idea and apply it across multiple mediums such as digital, print, video and motion design.
- Experience with tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision a plus.
- Self-starter; driven; eager to learn and grow.
- Have exceptional communication skills & attention to detail.
- Must be able to provide an updated link or PDF of portfolio work samples.
What’s in it for you?
DCG prides itself on having a unique and flexible culture. We value hard-working, self-motivated and dedicated employees and are committed to providing an opportunity for tremendous career growth and earning potential.
Learn more about our unique culture here:
- DCG Life Medium Blog:https://medium.com/dcg-life
- DCG Life Instagram: @dcglife
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay.
- A variety of rich healthcare plans including medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as group life insurance.
- 401(k) retirement with 4% corporate match and immediate vesting upon enrollment.
- Annual monetary supplement toward mental and physical wellbeing, and pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- 100% Paid Family Bonding for all new parents (including adoption), short-term, and long-term disability. Family planning benefit towards fertility planning and treatment, adoption, and surrogacy.
- Generous paid time off including 11 paid federal holidays and a floating holiday annually.
- DCG offers a offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as:internal learning & development programs and professional development for those seeking to further their professional growth.
- Check out ourblogthat highlights the benefits we offer to our employees and their families; dive in further to the blog to get a better sense of DCG company culture!
DCG Communications (DCG) is a specialized communications consultancy focused on developing influential communications programs to help clients build their brands and enhance their reputations. A majority of our work is with the federal government and we currently support a number of long-term projects with the following agencies: Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense, State, Homeland Security, Housing & Urban Development, Small Business Administration, U.S. Coast Guard, BBG, and more.
DCG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.