Title: Head of Investor Relations
The individual in the role will partner with Nerdy’s leadership, finance, product, marketing, communications, and legal teams to proactively frame and communicate the company’s story, successes, and opportunities to the investment community. The ideal candidate will have a strong bias for action and be willing to roll up their sleeves and do real work themselves to provide leverage to the CEO and CFO.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive investor relations program with the objective of providing an insightful, accurate, consistent and timely view of Nerdy’s strategy, management, and performance to the investment community and other key stakeholders.
- Serve as the primary contact for the investment community, including communicating business strategy, product roadmap, financial mission, results and outlook to analysts, investors, financial reporting services (e.g. Factset and Bloomberg) and financial media.
- Develop narrative and messaging for financial releases, merger and acquisition announcements, investor and industry conferences, and meetings with investors and analysts, including developing press releases, presentations, scripts, and talking points and Q&A.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with existing investors and analysts and implement a proactive strategy to identify and market to prospective investors and analysts.
- Help lead quarterly earnings reporting process including internal outreach to gather content and identify themes, drafting and completing reporting and support materials, leading cross-functional review and preparation meetings, and coordinating investor and analyst interactions following earnings.
- Collaborate and coordinate across leadership, finance, product, marketing, communications and legal to gather information for external disclosure and ensure consistency and accuracy of external messaging.
- Organize and coordinate participation in investment conferences and roadshows, investor meetings, and analyst days.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage investor perception. Provide feedback, counsel and perspective to internal stakeholders regarding strategic and tactical financial communications and disclosures.
- Maintain investor CRM tool to maintain and track all investor communications and target prospective investors.
- Develop and maintain useful, accurate and timely investor relations website content.
- Work closely with FP&A and product to develop, interpret and report on key operational and financial metrics.
- Partner with marketing and communications to develop messaging for high-visibility product launches, key leadership announcements, marketing plans, and other significant corporate initiatives.
- Collaborate with legal to ensure compliance on external reporting, public disclosures, proxy solicitation, ESG benchmarking and reporting, Regulation FD training and other relevant regulatory matters.
- Stay informed about investor relations best practices to drive continuous improvement.
- Assist with additional financial functions including FP&A in support of the business.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed in slower IR periods to drive positive business outcomes.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree, with an advanced degree preferred.
- In-house investor relations experience for a publicly-traded technology company.
- FP&A, investment banking, or equity research experience.
- Strong executive presence with clear and persuasive communications skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with senior management and represent a large organization to external stakeholders.
- Heavy bias for action and strong orientation towards identifying the next most valuable action they can take to drive value creation without prompting.
- Exceptional financial and investment analysis and modeling skills.
- Intellectual curiosity; analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic understanding of connections between business models, financial planning, and operations.
- Excellent presentation development skills.
Location and Travel
The Investor Relations role will be remote and will collaborate with company leadership based in St. Louis, MO, Seattle, WA and other U.S. locations. Travel is expected for investor and analyst meetings, conferences and roadshows, and meetings with executive leadership.