Title: Head of Product Design (Remote)
Location: Remote – U.S.
As Head of Product Design, your primary responsibility will be the creative direction and product design for our global subscription platform, our plugin store, and our creator tools that are defining the future of music creation. You’ll partner with our CPO to inspire, manage, mentor, and grow Splice’s diverse Product Design team and their work across our entire platform. As we move into the most important moment in our history, you’ll help ensure quality and best practices throughout the organization and work with Researchers, Data Scientists, Engineers, musicians, and others to help millions of music creators around the world make more diverse music.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments – Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
- Inspire, manage, mentor and grow our existing diverse product design team
- Communicate the power of product design throughout the technology org, with other leaders, and cross functionally across the company
- Create and promote a design culture of collaboration and feedback
- Foster a best in class product design process and design system
- Develop and implement product design strategy and architecture
- Attract and recruit fantastic diverse talent
What we’re looking for:
- 12+ years designing digital products
- 8+ years managing a design team
- A history of instilling and advocating for a design culture within a strong product organization
- Experience managing and growing a design team to 10+ people
- Experience successfully mentoring designers
- Experience working cross functionally with marketing, brand, finance, operations, content, engineering, and product management