Head of Talent Management and Employee Experience
at hims & hers
Hims is a multi-specialty telehealth platform that connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling them to access high-quality medical care for numerous conditions related to mental health, sexual health, dermatology, primary care, and more. Hims offers a modern approach to health and wellness, eliminating stigma and making it easier for people to access care and treatment for the conditions that impact their daily lives. The company is on a mission to make this healthcare accessible for anyone, no matter who you are or where you live.
For certain issues, Hims provides customers with easy access to third-party medical professionals. Telemedicine consultations help customers obtain prescriptions for branded or generic medications, delivered directly to a customer’s home in as little as two days. They also offer a growing range of non-prescription products for women’s and men’s wellness. Since launching in November 2017, Hims is one of the fastest growing direct-consumer brands in history, recently going public in January 2021 with a current market cap of $1.5B and total revenue of $425M by year’s end.
As the Senior Director, Employee Experience you will report to the Senior Vice President of HR and lead a growing team responsible for driving strategy, planning, and business insight. You will partner closely with C-level executives while leading the Talent Development and Employee Experience team.
- Own the Company’s Performance Management Process. Build a modern, progressive approach towards effectively enabling employees and managers to build high-performing teams
- Accelerate manager’s capabilities through learning and development programs that focus on feedback, coaching, and strategic thinking
- Define the expectations, scope, and competencies of leaders, and then build a long-term plan that would enable incumbents to be successful in their role
- Hims is a remote-first Company. Imagine and realize the continued evolution of an innovative workplace while maintaining the culture aligned with the company vision, mission, and values. Develop engaging experiences to bring the remote teams together in-person or virtually. The leader will have a remote experience team that will manage offsite planning
- Own and leads the Company’s Employee Listening strategy. This can be in the form of engagement surveys or other formats to constantly stay in touch with what employees need to succeed at Hims. Embrace two-way listening and communication for an ongoing dialogue with hims employees that furthers culture and strategy
- Enable internal communication to employees in an effective way. Examples are the Company all-hands, response to external events, broad announcements on changes, and communication of longer-term strategy
- This role will co-lead Employer Branding along with the head of talent acquisition. They will build the company’s employer brand through partnerships, managing programs like Great Places to work, and other opportunities to get published externally
- Help lead the vision for a world-class onboarding program to accelerate learning, build out company values practices, and deepen employee engagement experiences that gives hims employees a compelling and comprehensive experience throughout their careers that is unique to hims culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Talent Development, Business, or a related field
- 12+ years of experience in Human Resources, Workforce Management related experience required
- 5+ years of experience leading a team with the ability to influence with trust and credibility, and collaborate across functional/geographical business leaders
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, including executive management
- Excels at developing and implementing organization-wide processes and projects.
- Knowledgeable of best practice processes for workforce management, including performance planning, and employee and management coaching
- Experienced team leader/people manager with the ability to influence with trust and credibility, and collaborate across functional/geographical business leaders
- Demonstrated understanding of business acumen and insight
- Clear and concise communication style with the ability to influence and enact change
- A forward-thinking leader with an appetite to learn hims business model in depth
- Self-starter, builder, and someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.