Are you looking for a new exciting role as a health officer? Then join the ICRC!
Who we are
Permanently present in Syria since 1967, the ICRC is a neutral, impartial, and independent organization with an exclusively humanitarian mission. The ICRC works closely with and supports the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) to meet food, water, and health needs of people affected by the fighting in both emergencies and to help them start rebuilding their lives. They work together to raise awareness about risks from mines and other explosive remnants. The ICRC works to restore links between families who have been separated by the conflict and migration, visits a number of prisons, promotes respect for international humanitarian law. The ICRC also provides advice and support to local authorities and forensics practitioners in handling human remains with respect and dignity. The ICRC’s operation in Syria is its largest in the world, with over 650 staff working in its offices in Damascus, Aleppo, Hama, Hassakeh, Homs, and Tartous**
What the Health Department is doing in Syria:
Since the start of the Syrian conflict in 2011, the Health System suffered huge losses in Human Recourses and infrastructure. The ICRC is working with the Ministry of Health and the Syrian Arab Red Cresnecet to maintain life saving services to alleviate the suffering of the Syrian population through the implementation of the following programs: Hospital & Bio-Medical Engineering, Physical Rehabilitation, First Aid and Pre-Hospital Emergency, Primary Health Care, Mental Health and Psychological Support, Health Care in Detention and Al-Hol Field Hospital.
Purpose & Scope of your role:
We are looking for several Health Field Officers to be based in Damascus. Their scope of work and Area of Responsibility would be:
· Health Field Officer to cover the health activities in the Southern Syria (Damascus, Rural Dam, Daraa, Quneitra and Sweida).
· Flying Health Officer to replace the other colleagues across the country and assist the health team in running and supervising the health activities in the field.
· Primary Health Care (PHC) Field Officer to support the implementation of the PHC program across the country.
· First Aid Officer to support the implementation of the First Aid Program across the country.
· Analyse and handle the overall health situation in ones Area of Responsibility.
· Participate in crafting operational strategies at the country level and planning for Primary Health Care (PHC) interventions with Ministry of Health and the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC).
· Analyse data and information collection during monitoring in order to evaluate the quality of intervention, output/outcomes and accountability to beneficiaries and ensure accurate information management.
· Promote and improve the collaboration between ICRC and other Health actors.
· Establish and maintain communication channels with partners and interlocutors to facilitate communication and coordination of the health activities.
· Ensure regular evaluation of the programs and share the updates with the Health team.
· Coordinate with the SARC Health Information Services (HIS) to collect health data.
· Support the relevant teams with financial monitoring and logistical tasks.
· Update and provide support in drafting reports, minutes of meeting, field assessments, etc.
· Support training delivered directly or indirectly by the ICRC team.
· Translate and interpret from and into English.
What We Offer:
We offer an exciting role in a humanitarian and multicultural environment with the opportunity to promote humanitarian values and to alleviate suffering. We also offer a driven remuneration package with attractive social benefits!
We Are Looking For:
· Professionalism and outstanding interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and establish and handle productive internal and external relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to influence stakeholders to come to best practice solutions and decision making
· Confirmed customer service orientation and planning, organization, priority setting and negotiation skills to prioritise multiple tasks with challenges.
· Superior time management skills and ability to take care of ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests.
· Interest in projecting a positive image of the ICRC as a humanitarian employer of choice
· Ability to proactively embrace and drive positive transformations and to take thoughtful risks which can improve performance
· Respect for confidentiality.
· Handle stress and workload.
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
· Degree in Medicine or Nursing.
· Experience in Public Health and Humanitarian context is an asset.
· Excellent command of written and spoken English & Arabic.
· 3 to 5 years of total work experience (including 2 years of clinical experience)
· Previous experience in First Aid and Training skills. ( Specific to First Aid Officer Position)
· Preferably, previous experience in the humanitarian sector.
· Good knowledge of the assigned area of work.
· Very good reporting skills.
· Flexibility to travel to other governorates is a required
How to apply
Ready to apply? Please send your CV and motivation letter (In English) before 20 February 2022 by email to email@example.com (Subject of the Email: “**Health Field Officer– Damascus**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.“Good Luck”