Title: SSM – Hospital Outpatient Coder – National Remote
Location: Dallas TX US
Job Category: Clinical
Job Type: Full-time
$3,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
We’re focused on improving the health of our members, enhancing our operational effectiveness, and reinforcing our reputation for high-quality health services. As a Medical Coder, you will provide coding and coding auditing services directly to providers. You’ll play a key part in healing the health system by making sure our high standards for documentation processes are being met.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You’ll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you’ll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Medical Coder to join our team.
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Assigns accurate diagnostic and procedure codes according to clinical documentation and official coding guidelines for inpatient and/or outpatient hospital accounts.
- Reviews HCPCS charges and codes for appropriateness of modifiers in relation to NCCI/CCI edits, when appropriate
- Enters accurate charge information, when appropriate
- Monitors assigned work queues to ensure all records are charged/coded in a timely matter.
- Generates coding queries for clarification regarding physician documentation as needed
- Stays abreast of all changes in coding conventions and coding updates
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Professional coder certification with credentialing from AHIMA and/or AAPC (RHIT, RHIA, CCA, CPC, COC, CPC-P, CCS) to be maintained annually
- 1+ years of coding experience within a hospital and/or a medical facility
- 1+ years of experience coding Observation and/or Same-day surgery charts
- Experience with EMR systems
- Experience coding clinics and ancillary charts
- Ability to use a PC in a Windows environment
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 – $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 – $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.