Human Resources Assistant
Job Location(s) US-Remote
# of Openings
Join our growing team!
A career with A Place for Mom is an opportunity for you to join a rapidly expanding company committed to making a difference for seniors and their families. A Place for Mom is an online platform connecting families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors providing insight-driven and personalized solutions. Our mission, as the leader in senior care advisory, is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers. We are a quickly growing organization with over 500 advisors connecting more than 300K families every year to one of our community customers.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices:
- Focus on excellence
- Act with integrity and assume positive intent
- Drive outcomes every day with passion and a sense of mission
- Make the lives of our families and customers better, easier, and more successful
- Realize the full potential in each team member; work as a single supportive team
The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for administrative work for the Human Resources department. This includes coordinating onboarding for new hires, new hire and other data entry into HRIS, collecting new hire paperwork, maintaining personnel files, as well as assisting with administration of policies relating to all phases of human resources activity. Success is measured by adherence to and full adoption of APFM values in all areas of the job.
- Incorporate APFM Values into each customer and co-worker interaction.
- Maintains HRIS database, including new hire data entry, changes, etc. Prepares reports as needed.
- Maintains HR filing, including personnel files.
- Track and maintain payroll records for employee referral and other bonuses.
- Keeps records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations; benefits plans participation such as insurance and 401K; and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Performs administrative tasks such as address changes, assists with HR events, tracks and maintains performance review forms, and other duties as assigned.
- Listens to, reviews, and responds to HR emails, voicemails, and faxes.
- Assists with and act as backup for onboarding and offboarding duties as needed. This includes sending and collecting new hire paperwork, pre-employment screening, process employee exits, track and maintain temporary employee data, and more.
- Responds to and completes requests for verifications of employments.
- Reviews and distributes HR mail. Coordinates returned mail. Assists with HR team mass mailings.
- Responds to basic inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assists with administering benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, 401K, PTO, leave of absence, and EAP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of Human Resources experience is preferred. Experience with HRIS data entry, maintaining employee files, and project management is preferred.
- Strong technical skills, specifically in MS Office Suite; experience with a HRIS and Payroll system (ADP) is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with very HIGH attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, committed and determined. Maintains a positive, friendly, and professional attitude.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Able to deal with interruptions, work to deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Strong relationship skills able to build and maintain rapport with co-workers, employees, and visiting guests.
- Works with integrity; upholds the company’s values.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to coordinate projects, including communicating changes and progress.
- Able to adapt to change quickly and helps to communicate changes effectively.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Has excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Follows instructions, and responds to management direction.
- Strong at Excel and Microsoft Office products.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is hourly, non-exempt.