Locations: WFH-Texas; WFH-Iowa; WFH-Hawaii; WFH-Georgia; WFH-New York; WFH-Utah; WFH-Nevada; WFH-New Mexico; WFH-New Jersey; WFH-New Hampshire; WFH-Nebraska; WFH-Missouri; WFH-North Dakota; WFH-Alabama; WFH-Minnesota; WFH-North Carolina; WFH-Michigan; WFH-Maine; WFH-Maryland; WFH – Washington, D.C. NatGen; WFH-Massachusetts; WFH-Florida; WFH-Louisiana; WFH-South Dakota; WFH-South Carolina; WFH-Delaware; WFH-Montana; WFH-Connecticut; WFH-Mississippi; WFH-Colorado; WFH-Wyoming; WFH-West Virginia; WFH-Wisconsin; WFH-Tennessee; WFH-Kentucky; WFH-Kansas; WFH-Washington; WFH-Rhode Island; WFH-Indiana; WFH-Pennsylvania; WFH-Illinois; WFH-Oregon; WFH-Vermont; WFH-Virginia; WFH-Arizona; WFH-Oklahoma; WFH-Ohio; WFH-Idaho; WFH-Arkansas
time type: Full time
job requisition id: 2022-3268
** NOTE: The ideal candidate would have 2-5 years of HR experience specifically with Employee Relations, Investigations, working in a flexible/adaptive environment.
Location: 100% Remote (can work anywhere in the US)
** NOTE: Someone living within the CST, MST and PST time zones highly desired.
Seek to provide generalist human resources guidance to employees and managers. The role exists to continually improve employee relations through the execution of HR processes, policies and procedures while minimizing risk for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Handle all employee relations issues in areas of responsibility including but not limited to reviewing/approving performance improvement plans, performance management, handling complaints, conducting investigations and seeing them through to resolution
- Act as an impartial advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment
- Provide advice and counsel to members of management and employees related to employment policies, employee relations issues, employment laws and regulations
- Stay in sync with and monitor assigned business unit by attending staff meetings and being visible in operations
- Build partnerships with management by identifying human resources solutions that support the current and future needs of the business
- Work with management, peers and other HR colleagues to ensure consistency across the organization relating to policies and/or practices
- Provide management coaching/counseling and career development advice for employees
- Ability to facilitate group presentations in person and via electronic media
- Conduct HR training on various topics (i.e. sexual harassment, New Employee Orientation, Supervisor Policy/Procedure training, interviewing skills, etc.)
- Complete off boarding meetings to ensure exiting employees are equipped with the necessary information to manage benefits changes, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws
- Develop, recommend and coordinate activities or programs designed to increase employee engagement
- Support and work with Talent Acquisition team
- Manage administrative functions of role relating to Workday, new hire paperwork and Open Text
- Promote company culture and a positive/productive working environment
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 4+ years of HR Generalist experience with strong experience in employee relations
- Human Resource knowledge and skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works independently with some supervision by HR Manager or Director
- Solid organizational, persuasion, and project management skills
- Ability to manage confidentiality at all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Results oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- S/PHR or SHRM S/CP certification
- 1+ years of insurance industry experience
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.