This is a fully remote position for an enthusiastic PC gamer.
$60,000 – $80,000 USD doe
Who is Glorious?
Glorious is a lifestyle gaming hardware company that was built by passionate enthusiasts on a mission. We develop pro-grade, high-quality gear that gives every gamer the chance to play at an ascended level.
We are currently seeking an experienced Industrial Designer with a passion for designing and modeling innovative products! The Industrial Designer will be responsible for designing and modeling various hardware products for one of the fastest-growing companies in the PC gaming hardware space.
Some of the duties that will be expected of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Product conceptualization by sketching, illustration, modeling technique, 2D/3D visualization and more
- Creating high fidelity illustrations that represent actual physical products
- Creating technical documents for manufacturers to follow
- Defining product color, material, finish, and creating renders with photorealistic textures and lighting
- Ad-hoc 3D modeling tasks as needed
- Develop and ensure adherence to Glorious design language
- Researching and studying competitor products to stay ahead of design trends
- Conducting industry research to create innovative designs
- Work with contract manufacturers to ensure the designs are cost-efficient, moldable, mechanically feasible, and manufacturable while firmly protecting and communicating the design intent and creative vision of the product
- Working closely with engineers to implement product design
- Understanding and reviewing DFM files
- 3D printing and testing prototypes
These must be met to be considered for this role:
- 3+ years of experience of Industrial Design experience required
- Strong understanding of PC Gaming, and PC gaming hardware and peripherals
- Sketching and conceptualization skills
- Advanced 3D Modeling and Visualization experience using 3D software
- Fusion 360 Experience is a plus
- Deep understanding of dimensionality, composition, scale and form
- Advanced experience using Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator
- Strong knowledge of prototyping, tooling, and DFM
- Strong knowledge and experience of hardware product development lifecycle
- Ability to create high quality, photorealistic renderings
- Ability to work under tight timelines and handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrable knowledge of gaming hardware and peripherals nuances is a plus
- Knowledge of/passion for gaming hardware is a plus
- Being a PC gamer is a plus
Candidates should submit a PORTFOLIO showcasing examples that pertain to our industry.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- 100% Work From Anywhere
- Bonus Opportunity
More About Us
Global candidates are invited to apply to become part of an amazing team dedicated to pushing the boundaries of possibility and shifting the PC gaming industry’s status quo. Glorious offers the chance to work within an environment where you will have the freedom and flexibility to take the reins on your career.