Inpatient Facility Coder (Full Time) K
# of Openings
Inpatient Facility Coding Specialist – Full Time
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions, an industry leader in Health Information Management and Revenue Cycle Management solutions, is seeking highly motivated individuals with a passion for excellence & collaboration, for careers in the healthcare industry. We have an immediate need for a full-time Inpatient Facility Coder. This is a remote W-2 position with flexible work schedules.
Eligible for a $5000 sign on bonus!
This position will be responsible for medical coding for one of facility clients. Coder will be responsible for reviewing charts, coding appropriate charges and ensuring high quality standards are achieved.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS certification through AHIMA required
- Minimum 3 years inpatient coding experience in facility setting
- The Inpatient Coder is responsible for assigning diagnostic and procedural codes to patient charts using ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS or any other designated coding classification system in accordance with coding rules and regulations. The coder will abstract required clinical information. This position requires a thorough knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, pharmacology, Medicare’s Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), Official Coding Guidelines for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes, and documentation requirements for correct and accurate coding.
- Maintain standard industry productivity rates for Inpatient coding (3 charts/hour)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high quality standards of 95% or greater
- Proficient in utilizing technology (computer, VPN, MS Office, coding software) to perform responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ICD-10 coding experience and have completed an ICD-10 course
- Experience with trauma and highly complex cases, orthopedic, and cardiology preferred
- Hours must to be worked between 6a-6:30p Pacific time Mon-Fri only. Hours can flex between those times daily to reach 40 hrs/week.
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.