Internal Communications Manager
Internal Communications Manager – Remote
We’re looking for Zapier’s first Internal Communications Manager to help us build our internal communications program from the ground up. Reporting to the Communications team, you’ll define and drive internal comms strategy for the organization, and serve as a strategic advisor to executives and leadership. Your initiatives will directly impact the people and culture within Zapier ensuring employees understand our strategy and mission, empowering them to prioritize their work, maximize their impact and take pride in their achievements.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’re a strategic thinker You excel at collaborating with executives, colleagues, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. You should be exceptionally organized and detail-oriented, capable of managing cross-functional projects and workstreams, with an ability to ruthlessly prioritize.
You are an exceptional communicator You convey and distill complex and technical concepts clearly and credibly to diverse audiences. You excel in all forms of communication, from written blogs to Slack posts, to presenting at all-company meetings.
You’re a builder and systems thinker You get excited about building and driving a core set of programs. You’re not afraid to experiment with outside-of-the-box ideas and are constantly iterating and learning.
You build relationships grounded in trust, transparency, and empathy. You partner closely across organizations and lines of business to build trust and mutual respect. Zapier is a truly global team you understand how to communicate across roles, values, and practices vary across geographies.
Things You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a strategy and best practices for internal communication that are rooted in our mission, values, and commitments to DIBE. You’ll ensure employees have access to the right information, and feel engaged, supported, and inspired by their work at Zapier.
- Manage end-to-end internal communications plans, tactics, and outcomes. Support Zapier’s leaders and managers and relay news and changes by preparing newsletters, scripts, announcements, templates, posts, and other communications materials.
- Serve as the center of gravity for how we manage change at Zapier. Develop and execute change management programs for company announcements.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g, People Ops, Learning and Development, and Communications), to create an editorial calendar for internal communications.
- Create and implement a localization strategy for communicating with international Zapier employees across different time zones.
- Write and copy edit messaging around various topics, including organization strategy, priorities, and announcements.
- Coach and prepare internal speakers (including executives) on best practices for delivering a presentation and answering questions live.
- Support employee resource groups (ERGs) and company leaders to better engage employees.
- Own planning and logistics for major company meetings such as weekly company hangouts meetings and quarterly department hangouts.
- Measure the effectiveness of communications messages and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations on how to improve.
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.