Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to government and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission IOM Sri Lanka & Maldives and the direct supervision of the Project Officer – Male’, the Consultant is expected to to support IOM Maldives in assisting the Government of Maldives (GoM) to develop an efficient referral and coordination system for the victims of trafficking (VoTs), this consultancy would contribute to improve GoM’s ongoing counter trafficking interventions, by developing a coherent Victim Assistance and Shelter Service Regulation that is in compliance with the international standards. In specific, the incumbent will be accountable for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- During the first stage, conduct literature review and hold consultation meetings with key counterparts and relevant stakeholders to revise the current draft of Victim Assistance and Shelter Service Regulation (off-site work).
- During the second stage, visit the Maldives and hold the in-person meetings/consultations with stakeholders (on-site work). If travel is not practical, IOM will arrange virtual meetings/discussion (off-site work).
- Prepare an advanced draft of Victim Assistance and Shelter Service Regulation for review and travel to the Maldives to present the final regulation.
- Develop training materials to train the officials from the GoM and selected NGOs on implementation of Victim Assistance and Shelter Service Regulation, including direct assistance, referral and protection for VoTs.
- Upon approval of the training materials by the GoM, roll out trainings in the Maldives.
Tangible & Measurable Output:
· Submission of revised Victim Assistance and Shelter Service Regulation.
· Submission of training materials.
· Conducting the trainings (minimum of 04 trainings).
The key Deliverables and Timeline (total duration of the consultancy shall be 3 months):
· Submission of revised Victim Assistance and Shelter Service Regulation – (will be notified after the selection)
· Submission of training materials – (will be notified after the selection)
· Conducting the trainings – (will be notified after the selection)
The working language of the project shall be English. All reports and formal communications relating to the project shall be in the English language. All drafts shall be submitted to the IOM project manager in electronic form (MS word format) while the final document is to be in both MS word and PDF formats. Presentation for trainings to be in PPT. No report or document should be shared, published or distributed to the third parties without the written approval of IOM.
Performance Indicators for Evaluation of Results
· Availability of the revised Victim Assistance and Shelter Service Regulation in English.
· Availability of the training materials.
· Completion of four trainings.
· Quality of outputs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Master’s Degree in Law, Human Rights, International Relations, Criminology, Social Science, Development Studies, Humanitarian Affairs or a related field from an accredited academic institution with six (06) years of professional experience; or
· University Degree in the above fields with eight (08) years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience in providing technical assistance / expertise in developing guidelines, policies, regulations, procedures and programs in relation to Migrant issues is desirable.
· Experience in carrying our research studies in the field of Counter Trafficking, Criminology, Human Rights, Law Enforcement and/or Humanitarian Work is preferred.
· Previous experience in consultancy engagement with United Nations agencies and International Humanitarian Organizations will be an asset.
Fluency in English is required.
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators – level 1
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and successful reference checks.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Vacancy announcement can be downloaded from the link here.
Candidates with the required qualifications and competencies are invited to submit their candidature for the position to HRSRILANKA@iom.int together with the following documents:
(1) Cover letter
(2) Updated Curriculum Vitae
(3) Technical and Financial Proposal, demonstrating the understanding of subject matters and outlining the proposed methodology, timeline and budget (not more than $10,000). All documents shall be single spaced, 12point Times New Roman and in English.
Or by post to Human Resources Department, International Organization for Migration, 80A Elvitigala Mawatha, 9th Floor, Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka Building, Colombo 08, indicating the position applied for on the envelop by Thursday 11th November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. **
From 04.11.2021 to 11.11.2021**