at Pivot Bio
About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our products harness the power of naturally occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops and new sustainable ways for farmers to reduce the usage of fertilizers as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: IT Administrator
Preferred location: Remote, US
The IT department supports Pivot Bio and its employees by addressing day-to-day technical needs, spearheading company initiatives, and formulating sophisticated solutions to complex business problems. As internal teams within Pivot continue to grow and expand, we expect that it will become increasingly important for us to expand the capabilities that we offer regarding technical services and support.
We are looking for a Network Administrator to join the IT team and work in our IT Engineering team when it comes to network, Identity Management, Single Sign-On, Azure/AWS/EC2, and security. You will also collaborate closely with research & development, business operations and our infrastructure team to help implement Pivot’s long-term technical strategies. This role is a particularly good fit for technical experts who have a history of solving complex problems with creative technical solutions.
- Maintain appropriate service levels for office systems, including Windows, OSX, WSL, and Linux servers, networking/telecommunications, cloud services, other digital devices/services.
- Collaborate across the team and organization to ensure business continuity for essential services and equipment, designing, implementing, and testing disaster recovery plans.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and coordinate resolution of TCP/IP networking issues, including VPN links, routing diagnostics, Wi-Fi networks, and bandwidth allocation/management.
- Administer and configure firewalls, VPN gateways, routers, switches, and voice systems with security and scalability in mind.
- Experience with information security technologies like, event log management, intrusion detection, anti-virus, vulnerability assessments.
- Contribute to management of Azure AD, Office 365, SharePoint, and various other systems.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Travel up to 25%
- Additional duties as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical expert with 6+ years of experience as a Network Administrator or Server Administrator.
- Experience building technical solutions for internal customers with complex requirements.
- Experience with AWS and Azure
- Experience with Meraki networks
- Experience with Microsoft environments (Office 365, SharePoint, & Azure AD)
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Experience with Apple Business Manager
- Experience with Route 53 and DNS configurations
- Experience with network implantations regarding new site buildouts and infrastructure updates.
- Excellent communicator who can instantly connect with a range of stakeholders from academics to industry scientists, to project leads.
- High standards for customer-facing work.
- Experience as a technical leader on technical projects which span several months & cross-functional teams.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience working in a growing startup environment, preferred.
- Background or interest in agriculture and/or plant-microbe interactions, preferably in an industry setting, preferred.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team