Candidly is seeking a Software Developer with a strong background in NodeJS. We need someone who can adapt quickly and add value to our fast paced, growing business and also someone who can contribute collaboratively within our software development team. The Software Developer will be responsible for developing quality code using state of the art frameworks and architectures and improving our internal services. This is a role that requires both frontend and backend hands on code.
- Implement and maintain services in Candidly’s NodeJS architecture
- Suggest application architecture improvements and recommend process improvements
- Champion changes to the team’s tools and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team
- Document processes for use by other application developers, and to comply with financial regulations
- Participate in business and technical planning
- Write functional/technical specifications from the product requirements
- Provide monitoring and guidance in application design and development to other staff
- Provide thought leadership in designing and developing innovative integrated solutions
- Gathering and maintaining data from internal and external APIs
- Collect data from external sources using scraping technologies
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in NodeJS, Type Script and Vanilla JS
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS and DOM manipulation
- Past experience with code versioning systems like Git is a must
- Automated testing using unit or integration tests
- Able to write clear and maintainable code with special attention to security
- Nice to have: Puppeteer and web scraping experience
Required Soft Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must be comfortable with Web Development fundamentals
- Comfortable with frequent incremental code testing and deployment
- Previous startup experience
- Working as a part of a Lean/Agile engineering team, executing assigned project tasks within established schedule
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements
- Track record of developing complex software systems, and the ability to explain the implementation details
- Able to work remotely and independently
Candidly exists to crush student debt. We are a series A FinTech startup with a mission to democratize access to student debt repayment and refinancing as a new normal in employee benefits. We are achieving our mission by introducing a benefit that employees actually care about – student debt relief.
We are a start-up. We are FinTech. We are doing something completely new!
Candidly offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check & fingerprints).
Candidly unequivocally rejects racism and discrimination of any kind and fosters an environment of belonging to provide access and opportunity for all. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.