Junior Graphic Designer
Office of Senior Vice President, Communications & Culture(cnc) Brand & Culture Strategy
Full Time – Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seek a creative and collaborative Graphic Designer. This job reports to the Creative Director of Advocacy under the Brand & Culture team of PPFA. The Brand & Culture team sits within the larger Communications and Culture division to develop and produce creative content across the organization for internal and external audiences with a clear, cohesive voice, vision and brand focus.
- Creation and execution of print and digital designs for variety of materials, including but not limited to: social and digital graphics, brochures, presentations, reports, templates, event materials, merchandise, that support our advocacy work
- Works with the creative team and project managers to ensure that all material is the highest of quality, reflect and advance the organization’s goals, and is delivered on time
- Work within rigorous brand guidelines and standards
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; with a nimble and flexible style
- A direct and open creative approach to the work; both an independent and collaborative thinker that can translate concepts and ideas to a broader audience
- Solid equity lens, including an understanding of how oppression impacts people’s ability to access their sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Detailed oriented; has a deep appreciation for organization
- Ensure platform optimization for each asset export Engagement:
- Highly collaborative
- Conceptualize and design creative solutions that achieve strategic goals
- Routinely present and articulate concepts
- Follow and keep current on design trends
- Handle multiple projects, simultaneously, and be capable of working in rapid response mode when needed Ability to take design directions from multiple stakeholders
- Experience working remotely and efficiently with teams
- Passionate about the mission of PPFA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- 3 years of professional experience in graphic design
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required if portfolio, skill level or other certificates meet the position requirements
- Proven portfolio of strong design, typography and conceptual thinking that align with pre-established, rigorous brand standards (where applicable)
- A track record of coming up with solutions for quick turn projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop; Working knowledge Figma, PowerPoint, Word, Keynote and Google suite; After Effects, Asana and Figma would be a plus, but are not required
- Understand production best practices for print media as well as social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube and Twitter
TRAVEL : 15% or less of time the job requires domestic travel
Starting salary: $59K
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We’re committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If denoted as NYC, DC, or both, this position is usually located in our New York City or DC office, but is remote while offices remain closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.