Jr. Graphic Designer/Editor
NEW YORK, NY OR REMOTE
The Recount is a leading media brand focused on keeping close and knowing tabs on the worlds of politics, business, tech, and culture, across a suite of digital, social and experiential platforms. Founded in 2019 by John Heilemann and John Battelle, The Recount was created as a place to find short form video content that keeps you updated and educated on the news — without all the extra noise that’s endemic to mainstream media today. We aim to not hold ourselves above the internet culture driving news; we’re native to it, while at the same time holding that culture accountable to the highest standards of journalism. Our content and formats are curated, presented, and delivered specifically as they relate to the stories we’re telling and the audiences we’re trying to reach.
About The Role
We’re looking for a creative editor with strong motion graphics and animation skills to join our great team at The Recount. You’ll work closely within our Creative and Editorial teams to deliver innovative digital products and experiences and create engaging visual journalism that pushes boundaries, while utilizing the principles of good user design. You will be an integral part of every stage in the visually creative process of our content. You’re a self-starter who is eager to create and make great things that interact with our dedicated viewers.
This position will report to the Senior Editor and Senior Designer.
- Work with video producers and editors to execute their vision and meet deadlines, sometimes creating and delivering graphics within one day
- Create original motion graphics in After Effects, daily and weekly
- Have a good understanding of graphic design to create logos, original graphics, and data visualizations
- Ensure journalistic and creative best practices are followed at all times
- Challenge conventional storytelling and find ways to tell more stories creatively
- Develop concepts and design high-quality motion graphics for a wide range of content
- Assist in creating assets for all segments and digital series, newsletters, and digital ads
- Exercise a strong knowledge of current design trends and a curiosity for new techniques
Experience And Qualifications
- Newsroom experience is not required, but you must have a passion for news
- Have a familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro and basic video editing techniques
- Must have experience working in Adobe Creative Suite Knowledge of Cinema 4D is a plus
- Be eager to contribute, speak up, and work in a collaborative environment
Recount Media offers an office in the heart of Chelsea section of NYC. We offer Medical, Vision, Dental, 13 Paid Holidays, Flexible Paid Time Off and a fun and creative culture.
COVID-19 considerations: All employees must be vaccinated and boosted
The Recount is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.