ANYWHERE IN THE US
PEOPLE & CULTURE
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We use modern development practices to build software, streamline infrastructure, and train others through exposure to our teams. We have earned a reputation with our clients for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We extend these values to our strong relationships with contractors, partners, and employees because we believe this is fundamental to doing great work.
Truss was named one of the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies for 2022. All Trussels enjoy full benefits, generous PTO, 401k match, a co-working budget, an employee effectiveness budget, and company-wide transparency around salaries and career leveling (view the Truss Leveling Guide). We have been a remote-first organization since our inception and are passionate about work-life balance, building diverse teams, and practicing radical candor.
The Junior Recruiter will play a key role in ensuring the Talent Acquisition practice can strategically partner with the business to build a deep understanding of hiring best practices and strengthen candidate experience. This full-cycle recruiter role will support our Sr. Recruiter to partner with stakeholders to understand team needs, communicate with candidates throughout the interview experience, interview scheduling, and implement hiring best practices.
The ideal candidate feels passionate about candidate experience, equitable hiring processes, and thrives in an ambiguous and collaborative working environment. You have a strong foundational understanding of the recruiting process and are eager to learn and grow into a real talent acquisition partner within Truss. Prior Lever experience is a plus.
The salary range for this position is $77,000 to $95,500.
The Junior Recruiter will be responsible for delivering successful outcomes in the three key areas:
1. The recruiting team will be able to meet the growing needs of a scaling business.
- There is a consistently strong pipeline of talent skilled in both technical and emotional intelligence for open roles.
- Candidates have a primary point of contact for requisitions being managed by the junior recruiter.
- Candidates have clear expectations of the recruiting journey from start to finish.
2. The candidate experience is a reflection of Truss values.
- Records in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) are accurate and maintained for quality assurance.
- Communication with candidates is consistent, valuable, and timely throughout the process.
- Radical Candor is leveraged to ensure equity, quality, and speed are always prioritized to support a strong candidate experience.
3. Consultative internal partnerships that match the right talent at the right time.
- Impactful relationships are cultivated with inbound and sourced candidates.
- A balanced approach is used to navigate competing priorities: candidate experience, hiring manager needs, and various deadlines.
- Open roles are effectively marketed and managed on various career boards in support of our continued efforts to hire a diverse workforce.
THE SKILL SET
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and stakeholders simultaneously
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity recruiting in the software development space for technical and non-technical roles
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a human-centered approach
- Full-cycle recruitment experience
- Strong communicator, verbally and written, to effectively share updates on processes, projects, and candidate status updates
- Experience working with Slack, GSuite, and an ATS preferred
Note: If you’re not sure if you have 100% of these skills, we still encourage you to apply if you think you might be a good fit.
You must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Truss employees must live and work within the continental U.S. or one of its territories.
Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Truss is a federal contractor and as such must adhere to executive order 14042 for the Covid Vaccination mandate regarding federal contractors. Upon employment, Truss will request proof of vaccination. If a medical or religious accommodation is needed, a discussion can be held with our People Operations department.
** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 and other events – we’re experiencing it, too. During video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids, and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little…harried. It’s OK if you are, too – we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **