Key Account Manager, Channel Distribution
US, Massachusetts, Boston
job requisition id
Key Account Manager, Key Accounts
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen firsthand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman of the board at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Key Account Manager, Channel Distribution, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Influencing our Channel Partners (Distributors) to increase utilization of 3M MSD brands across the care continuum. Specific channels include IDN Self Distribution, OEM, 3rd party billers and wholesalers.
- Negotiating contracts, pricing proposals and growth incentive plans to drive increased sales of 3M brands.
- Strengthening relationships with our channel partners to improve access for our brands through channel distribution, including IDN or hospital owned distribution.
- Leveraging 3M marketing, pricing, legal, sales analytics, sales operations and field sales to drive growth.
- Maintaining and growing the existing business relationships with assigned distributors nationally in U.S.
- Serve as the primary 3M contact and collaborate as needed with available 3M resources (Marketing, Technical, Quality, Lab) to get 3M products inventoried into Channel Partners.
- Providing Voice of Customer/Voice of channel and competitive intelligence to 3M marketing, technical and other teams
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in business sales and/or clinical in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Seven (7) combined years of experience in sales, marketing and/or business development in a private, public, government, or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Strong distribution, pricing, supply chain and channel management experience
- Strong strategic mindset, yet proficient in tactical planning and execution
- Proven and consistent track record of increasing sales and exceeding sales objectives
- Exhibits exemplary teamwork and matrix-management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Ability to understand complex business practices, GPO contracts, Distributor operations, financial analysis, supply chain, sales operations, pricing discipline and business analytics
- Experience working in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Medical disposable channels
- Experience leading and working in cross-functional teams
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic with overnight stays
Relocation Assistance: May be Authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Certain job positions within 3M require workers to work in the presence of others within certain geographies and/or at third-party locations. As a necessary requirement of this position with 3M, you must be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to your start date. As a reminder, fully vaccinated against COVID-19 means a person has received their primary series of COVID-19 vaccines, and, in certain situations, may also include booster doses.
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.