Location: Massachusetts; 100% Remote
We are an independent wealth management firm based in Massachusetts. Successful families work with us to implement personal and intelligent plans so they may live their lives to their fullest potential.
We have a unique culture that truly defines us. The core characteristics are demonstrated by our employees’ consistent actions, work ethic, and caring DNA. Below is a list of key characteristics and attributes of a successful match:
- Highest levels of integrity, ethics, and kindness
- Client driven
We operate our firm in many ways that are significantly different from other advisory and planning firms 1) fee-only fiduciary 2) Rational and efficient investment philosophy; 3) Disciplined, yet flexible approach to meet client needs; 4) Comprehensive, personal, and holistic solutions. 5) Journey’s key measure of success is to coordinate every aspect of clients’ financial life, so they experience desired results. 6) We believe in long-term accountable relationships, not transactions. Our overarching goal is that our clients can live fully and experience confidence in their financial lives.
Every employee must demonstrate strong relationship management skills to build enduring, successful partnerships with our clients and professional community.
Schedule: Monday Through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM (flexibility for advisor role)
Hybrid & Remote – Work from home & Office – details to be negotiated. Possible to work from home subject to physically and digitally secure home environment.
Service advisers have responsibility for managing existing client relationships, either working with a more experienced adviser or on their own. The position may be responsible for formulating and implementing advice but may also rely on technical specialists to develop recommendations within an individual specialist’s area of expertise. Typically service advisers are NOT expected to develop new client relationships. Position titles vary among firms, but the most common are wealth manager, investment adviser, financial adviser, financial planner, and portfolio manager.
- Prepare Comprehensive Wealth Analysis and Plans for our ~ 50 client families in an ensemble team structure.
- Operate in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment of continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to act independently while staying aligned with the team, firm vision, and best practices.
- See the list of key characteristics of a successful Journey team member.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- CFP® Professional 3+ years delivering plans to high-net-worth clients
- Ability to inspire and lead
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment (maybe demanding or unstructured work environment)
- Keep management systems up to date with client information
- Educate clients on account services and capabilities
- Use of considerable care and discretion when dealing with a client or sensitive data
- Ability to work independently and resourcefully under minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, communication (both verbal and written), and client relationship skills (whether the interaction is in person, over the telephone, or via email)
- Exceptional problem-solving proficiency
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment (demanding or unstructured work environment)
- Proven ability to manage pressure, multi-task, and communicate priorities and status to stay aligned with the needs of clients and team
- Experience with Executive Equity Compensation is a plus
- Comfort with having difficult conversations either due to emotional subjects or complexity.
- Proficient with technology
Adobe, DocuSign, Office 365, Teams, NetDocuments, Redtail CRM, Money Guide Pro, Morningstar Advisor, and more!
*Job descriptions have been modified and expanded from the 2020 ADVISER COMPENSATION & STAFFING STUDY UPDATE 2020 by IN Research
- Profile alignment
- Background Check
- Non-Solicitation Agreement
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Proof of Covid – 19 vaccines (unless religious or disability exemptions apply)
- Additional Salary Information: Benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Annual professional development
- 401k with match and potential profit-sharing
- Bonus structure
- *This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Journey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our team. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
Employment Type: Full-time
- How many years of work experience do you have using Financial Advisory?
Ideal answer: 1
- Do you have the following license or certification: Financial Planner?
Ideal answer: Yes