Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
This is an exciting opportunity to advance Natera’s regulated product portfolio of cutting-edge molecular diagnostic tests. As a Lead Biostatistician, you will leverage your strong applied statistics and IVD background to oversee the design, analysis, and reporting of validation experiments for one or more high-priority regulatory submissions.
- Lead Biostatistics efforts designing and executing analyses for validation studies in support of in vitro diagnostic submissions (e.g., IVDR, 510(k), CTA/CDx/PMA, etc.)
- Perform relevant statistical analyses (e.g., sample size, power, agreement, precision, LoB/LoD/LoQ calculations) for validation studies of varying complexity
- Produce high quality presentations and author documentation of analysis plans, methods, results, and interpretation
- Effectively convey statistical concepts and results to cross-functional internal and external collaborators and stakeholders
- Promote statistical and regulatory best practices
- Identify risks, communicate concerns, and champion solutions to interdisciplinary project teams
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, statistics, or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience, or PhD in biostatistics, statistics, or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment
- Minimum of 4 years practical experience with statistical analysis software such as R (preferred), SAS, or JMP.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert working knowledge of statistical methodology in diagnostic medicine, including an understanding of CLSI and FDA guidelines
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for working on cross-functional teams with members of diverse technical backgrounds
- Strong track record of producing high quality written documentation for multiple audiences. Experience negotiating with the FDA a plus.
- Prior experience with NGS, genetics, and/or oncology testing a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Duties are typically performed in an office setting. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Natera is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits – Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
– BBB announcement on job scams
– FBI Cyber Crime resource page