Lead Data Analyst
at WelbeHealth (View all jobs)
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
The Analytical Lead is an analytically heavy hands-on role, utilizing processed business information points as the basis to further define and build out metrics, KPIs and analytical models to find operational issues, predict risk scores, incidence of disease, admits, LOS, financials etc., and prescribe actions to improve KPIs and metrics. The focus of this role will be on operational and clinical KPIs and metrics, including logic definition and alignment, and using analysis and modeling to provide highly contextualized and actionable business insights to P&L owners, clinical leaders, business stakeholders and executives. Collaborates effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders in helping identify which metrics are the most useful to track, how should they be defined, and how can they be improved.
- Provide ideas backed by analysis on how to improve status quo and finding new solutions and levers to improve business and clinical efficacy.
- Build relationships and trust with business partners.
- Use data, information, analysis and modeling to find ways to improve key metrics, optimize operations and clinical efficacy.
- Partner closely with the Business Information Management function in designing business-facing semantic layers (data marts) and foundational information structures that’ll feed into analytics.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for business rules and logic (clinical and non-clinical) to convert information into operational and clinical metrics and KPIs.
- Partner with the Business Information Management team in the design and development of a single source of truth repository for the company’s clinical and operational data.
- Communicate effectively to business users, stakeholders and leaders on how business and clinical logic is applied to information points to arrive at key KPIs and metrics, why we’re measuring what we’re measuring, and how operational activities interlink to KPIs, OKRs etc.
- Help with the build-out and maintenance of an enterprise KPI catalog and dictionary.
- Actively participate in KPI/metrics governance.
- Work with influence, without ego and exhibit a collaborative spirit, with an unyielding motivation to do what’s best for the organization.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about team members, participants, and families.
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field, preferably in Analytics.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in business analytics, with a focus on converting business information into actionable analysis and insights.
- Minimum four years’ experience with business information architecture, business metric governance, metric cataloging and dictionaries.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the healthcare industry.
- Minimum four years’ experience with SQL, SAS, Tableau, Power BI or other analytical and business intelligence tools.
- Hands-on experience with analysis design problems and varied healthcare datasets and domains (e.g., enrollment, benefits, claims, clinical, risk, healthcare financials etc.)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with leaders, stakeholders and users.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.