Legal Administrative Assistant
- Bloomington, MN, USA
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- St. Petersburg, FL, USA
- Virginia, USA
- Washington, DC, USA
- Virtual Req #11759
Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Job Location: For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States
About the position:
The legal Administrative Assistant provides administrative and legal support to internal legal counsel and other members of the Legal Department; independently resolving routine legal matters under the direct supervision of the paralegal manager and internal legal counsel.
- Responsible for billing administration and preparation of monthly accruals for a global legal department.
- Provide support to paralegal manager and internal legal counsel on corporate legal projects.
- Primary team member providing assistance with certain administrative functions including travel arrangements, expense tracking and reporting, scheduling of meetings, file organization and similar tasks.
- Interact and communicate with members of the legal department, external counsel and business clients.
- 2-4 years administrative assistant or relevant experience in a law firm, corporate legal department, or business environment preferred.
- Prior experience with budgets, expense management, and accounts payable coordination desired.
- Associates degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Paralegal certification admired
- Experience and understanding of billing and department financial matters.
- Requires analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to successfully operate in an environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet applications, matter management systems and Power Point presentation skills. Strong interest in using these and other tools to drive increased efficiencies and results.
- Proactive and innovative: Seeks out opportunities to resolve problems, fill gaps and develop more efficient and effective methods to respond to the legal needs of the organization.
- Responsive and Adaptable: Able to respond swiftly and adapt quickly to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Act with precision: Attention to detail required. Demonstrated ability to be fast, accurate and self-managed.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.
- Job Family Non Exempt Clerical
- Job Function Legal
- Pay Type Salary