Position Title: Legal Consultant (Contract Law Division)
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Job classification: Consultant
Type of Appointment: Consultancy Contract, Three months
Closing date: 22 November 2021
Salary: Php 130,000.00 per month net of taxes (all inclusive fee)
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Legal Counsel and the Division Head, Contract Law Division, Office of Legal Affairs (LEGCR), and under the direct supervision of the Unit Head, Manila Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible, amongst others, for giving legal advice on various contractual issues as well as negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts, agreements and Memorandum of Understanding.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed bachelor’s degree in Law from an accredited academic institution, with two years relevant professional experience; and
- Certification or certificate of passing the bar examination.
- Excellent knowledge in all matters of law related to the field of work, which can range from corporate companies to non-government organizations;
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders and agency rules;
- Experience in reviewing legal documents, papers or speeches and developed research skills and knowledge of migration issues an advantage;
- Desirable experience in international trade, project financing agreements, IT contract drafting and commercial disputes.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via IOM Philippines jobsite not later than 22 November 2021 with reference code CON 018/2021 Legal Consultant (Contract Law Division).
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/con-0182021-con-0182021-legal-consultant-contract-law-division-manila-global
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.