Location: United States
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Reporting to the Head of Litigation & Employment, we are hiring an experienced, highly motivated Litigation Paralegal who will support all areas of litigation (including IP) to join our Legal Department in this fast growing, truly globally distributed company! This position is ideal for a self-sufficient and resourceful individual located anywhere in the United States. This is a growth position in a fast-paced technology company covering SaaS, Licensing and Managed Packages.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support all aspects of litigation, case management, internal investigations, and special projects, including subpoena responses, eDiscovery (legal holds, data collection and processing, productions to outside counsel), and vendor coordination.
- Support Elastic IP team by coordinating with outside intellectual property counsel to manage IP prosecution dockets, filing date and signature requirements.
- Organize, manage, and update case management systems and case materials.
- Do enjoy teamwork? This role is for someone who enjoys working cross-functionally, acting as liaison across various internal teams as well as with outside vendors and outside counsel.
- Conduct special research, fact gathering, and data analysis as necessary.
- Manage data collection and data entry; ensure data accuracy.
- Prepare and facilitate signature and delivery of legal documents.
- Maintain appropriate chain of custody and other documentation throughout the lifecycle of matters in accordance with accepted protocols.
- Perform other legal and operational tasks as required; learn and grow with our growing team!
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-4 years of experience in a corporate, law firm, or government environment.
- Proficiency using Google Suite (Gmail and Google Drive, Documents, Sheets, and Slides), Adobe Acrobat and similar document editing and management software.
- Experience managing document gathering and review efforts, including facilitating collection of company records, preparing and coordinating production of such records, and drafting correspondence to custodians.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to flexibly prioritize in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for cross-functional collaboration and teamwork.
- Paralegal certificate and notary certificate preferred.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.