Local Business Account Manager (Remote)
Location: Remote/Remote/United States
Please note that while this role will operate remotely, it is required that the candidate resides in the United States (excluding the Bay Area).
Yelp’s mission is to connect people with great local businesses. Yelp’s Account Management Team works with established and growing local businesses to provide industry leading digital advertising solutions. Yelp is an essential part of many local businesses advertising strategy and Local Business Account Managers are the experts on optimizing these advertising campaigns.
The Local Business Account Managers work with existing advertisers to increase their exposure on Yelp by upgrading and optimizing their advertising campaign. They will develop an understanding of client needs, educate them on Yelp’s platform and develop Yelp Ad campaigns that will help them better connect with their customers and drive in-store sales. This role is key to Yelp’s success and offers significant career growth opportunities within Yelp’s Account Management Team. If you’re looking for a career, a company that’s invested in your personal development, a solid compensation package, great training, and have a passion for local business owners, we know just the place.
This is a full-time remote position
What You Will Do:
- Own and manage a book of current Yelp advertiser clients – all organized in our CRM (Salesforce)
- You will drive the full sales cycle primarily through inside sales: make introductory calls to your book of business, assess business goals through qualifying, and upsell current products or add new services to meet client goals
- Build relationships with local business owners and managers in order to identify and capitalize on all aspects of client’s marketing spend and business goals/needs
- Become an expert in Yelp’s advertising solutions- asking probing questions and overcoming customer objections will be critical to your success
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals – a strong work ethic and tenacity are key!
What We Are Looking For:
- 1 year or more of Sales or Account Management experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Resilience with rejection
- General computer and email proficiency, experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time within a fast-paced environment
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Excited to take a hands on, creative approach to capitalize on Yelp’s opportunity with our existing client base
- Resilience making outbound phone calls
- Experience in contract sales would be a plus
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You have the ability to analyze metrics and develop a strategic game plan based on your clients needs and performance
- You have an understanding of performance based digital advertising products (CPC auction preferred)
- Be fearless, relentless and have an underdog mentality with an unwillingness to settle for anything less than your best!
What You’ll Get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation base salary is $52,000 annually + performance based incentives.
- For more information about US benefits at Yelp, please check out this link.
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
#LI-REMOTE | #LI-ML1
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual’s location and experience.