The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Eligibility: Syrian Nationals or Syrian/Palestinian Nationals or candidates who have a work permit and residency in Syria.
Type of Contract: Service Contract , Level 5
Contract Duration : 12 Months
Duty Stations: Damascus (1 Position) – Tartous (2 Positions) – Homs ( 1 Position)
Number of Required Employees: 4
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain/cash-based transfer processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities including CBT. The Logistics Assistant will work in the Warehouses/Field Office/Country Office, technically reporting to relevant Supply Chain Unit in CO.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain/Cash-based transfer processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Supervision received: This post is based in the Warehouses/Field Office/Country Office and follow under the direct supervision of the Head of Field Office and/or reporting to Warehouse Managers/Logistics Officers/Logistics Associates.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. STO creation, invoice verification, ), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines. Cash-Based Transfer- related tasks (Where relevant): 13. Process the retailers payments using WFP standard tools (SCOPE, WINGS and ITS)
- Assist Supply Chain CBT in increasing the number of contracted shops: in analysing the beneficiaries/shop situation in the respective area of responsibility, targeting the areas where competition is needed. Undertake micro retailer capacity assessments aiming at identifying suitable shops for contracting, using the corporate tool ROC; request retailer documents required to complete the contracting process.
- Conducts and oversees the retailer onboarding process. This includes the delivery of onboarding training to the retailer and delivering of SCOPE equipment to the service points and be responsible for withdrawing equipment and returning it to IT SCOPE CO/FO when service point is no longer on WFP contract.
- Follow-up on Monitoring and Evaluation findings at the shop and implement performance improvement plans at the retailer
- Take an active role in oversight missions in the governorate 18. Assist with the completion of retailer performance evaluations by the end of the retailer contract 19. Assist with the retailer capacity building throughout the country, including session on food safety and quality; prepare relevant training material and conduct regular training sessions for te retailers
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of four years of relevant working experience.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
• Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
• Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- Two years of relevant experience in the field of finance, procurement, logistics, supply chain, transport, operations, retail, wholesaler, food trading, business administration, project management, engineering or other related field is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Attention to details and meticulous
• Ability to adapt and respond quickly to various stakeholders requests.
• Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, and courtesy.
• Mature judgment with good communication and interpersonal skills
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar:
Please ensure that your VPN is connected before clicking on the link below.
Internal candidates: https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=153747&company=C0000168410P
External candidates: https://router.job-listing.wfp.org/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=153747&company=C0000168410P
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.