Managed Care Manager Nurses
Are you looking to join a team dedicated to providing high quality claims management and customer service to our customers? If so, the Managed Care Manager position may be of interest to you. The role manages and directs the delivery of department specific products and services within assigned branch office/unit considered medium in scope. Assumes responsibility for all operational and administrative activities as well as personnel issues.
- Develops. manages and directs staff to ensure the delivery of department specific products and services. Establishes work standards and monitors progress.
- Recruits, develops and manages human resources in order to create a high performing results oriented staff.
- Ensures personnel receive orientation, initial and on-going technical training.
- Manages performance management program including establishing and communicating objectives, providing on-going coaching, and conducting performance reviews. Identifies performance problems and initiates disciplinary actions.
- Manages salary (and non-salary) budgets, makes recommendations to Regional/HO Management concerning promotions, terminations and staffing authorizations.
- Acts as a technical expert and resource for staff which includes usually maintaining the highest level of authority within department specific office/unit. Refers problems and issues out of authority level to Regional/HO Management.
- Ensures appropriate compliance with all legislation, corporate policies, and programs. May periodically conduct desk audits.
- Assists Regional/HO Management and other departments with new business and/or renewal presentations and periodic service calls.
- Implements new and revised policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties and/or is assigned special projects as requested.
- Ability to develop, manage and direct an office/unit operation and to effectively communicate operational procedures to field/unit staff.
- Demonstrated leadership and innovation in achieving results. Advanced knowledge of principles and methods pertaining to the specific department; knowledge of department management practices, company operations (i.e. other staff & line departments) and policies.
- Related degree or equivalent plus 6-8 years of relevant and progressively more responsible work experience required.
- Advanced insurance related designations preferred.
- Managed Care Licensure/registration and special certification as required by law.
Primary Location: Remote
Travel: As Needed