Manager, Accounts Receivable
Restaurant365 is a young SaaS company disrupting the restaurant industry! Our cloud-based platform provides a unique, centralized solution for accounting and back-office operations for restaurants. Restaurant365’s culture is focused on empowering team members to produce top-notch results while elevating their skills. We’re constantly evolving and improving to make sure we are and always will be Best in Class … and we want that for you too!
In 2019 Restaurant365 closed $88 million in Series C funding, bringing the total minority investment by Bessemer Venture Partners, ICONIQ Capital, and Tiger Global Management to $140 million, to support the company’s vision of providing the best technology to the restaurant industry. As recently as June of 2021, Restaurant365 announced the acquisition of Compeat, a well-known provider of restaurant back office, workforce, and business intelligence software. Adding Compeat’s feature-rich products advances Restaurant365 further on the journey toward our goal of providing restaurant operators with a powerful tool that simplifies their lives and increases their profits. Serent Capital was added to our investor list as a result of this transaction.
Our diverse portfolio of clients includes well-known nationwide franchises as well as your favorite local spot. From fine dining to fast-casualR365 does it all!
*Please note, this position can be based in Irvine, CA, Austin, TX, or remote
The Manager of Accounts Receivable will help with the development of a best-in-class Accounts Receivable (AR) and Billing Team. The Manager will have strong leadership and communication skills, will be detailed oriented and has demonstrated work experience with building and training larger AR teams to be effective in a fast-paced, and highly transactional company. This role requires the incumbent to exercise accountability, assertiveness, professional discretion, and independent judgement to perform their responsibilities effectively.
How you’ll add value:
- Manage a team of 4-5 Accounts Receivable and Billing Specialists to support the daily and monthly billing and accounts receivable functions to ensure customer accounts are accurate and current.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts as assigned and report on monthly AR metrics.
- Track and assign customer cases and assist AR Billing team and Sales/Customer Success teams with customer escalations
- Exercise professional judgment and positive communication with internal and external customers regarding billing and payment queries and resolving past due accounts.
- Assist with collections process and ensure that any increase in AR balance is investigated properly.
- Negotiate with customers on past due amounts and create and enforce approved payment plans.
- Monitor and recommend any seriously delinquent accounts for termination.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by management related to banking, collections, systems implementations for dunning, and process improvements for enhanced internal controls.
- Review of Customer Agreements, to understand how and when revenues can be properly recognized, and ensure customers adhere to terms set forth by R365 Master Subscription Agreement.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of a combination of Accounts Receivable, Collections, and Billing Experience
- 6+ years in a supervisory/leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, Accounting Certificate, or a combination of higher education course work and related work experience in Business or Accounting preferred
- Customer Service experience
- Salesforce experience is a plus but is not required
- Sage Intacct experience is a plus but is not required
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills
- Flexibility with workload and ability to adhere to tight deadlines, and able to adjust schedules as needed
- Knowledge of SaaS companies and subscription-based revenue models
- Understanding of GAAP principles, and internal controls best practices
R365 Team Member Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation package
- Ability to work remote or hybrid
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- 401k + matching
- Equity Option Grant
- Unlimited PTO + Company holidays
- Wellness initiatives
- Philanthropy events
Why join our amazing team?
- We’re a community that prides itself in creating innovative solutions and producing quality work
- Our product is the secret ingredient that makes a real difference to restaurants nationwide
- The open concept work environment that we’ve created is causal, collaborative, and cultivates communication
R365 was founded by an experienced team of software & finance veterans committed to developing an all-inclusive back-office solution. We help restaurants thrive! R365 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all forward-thinkers who embrace change and possess a positive attitude to apply.