Manager, Benefits Support – Fully Remote – Work from anywhere
Remote, EMEA, United Kingdom, Ireland
Who we are
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 300 people is located in more than 45 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
What will you do?
- As the Manager of Benefits Support, you’ll be our most senior dedicated Benefits Support hire, coming on board to help build this team, implement processes and structure, meaning that you will be scoping and building our Benefits Support processes as we scale and building the right team to work with and around you.
- You will be a key part of the Benefits Team as we grow; overseeing, improving and extending fundamental customer value through benefits support actions and related processes. You will be involved in extending strategic value while leveraging lean processes and technology in ensuring continued delivery of world class outcomes for our clients. Benefits are important internally, but the primary objective is to offer external clients a way to access these rewards as a complementary part of their remote employment offering.
- The key thing here is that you know we are a Series B stage rapidly growing start up where we are just now identifying what Benefits Support will look like. You won’t just come in and plug into a well-oiled support machine but you will be tasked with taking the lead in building this structure and shaping how this part of Benefits adds value. The details of the job will look like this:
- Build processes for managing and maintaining service level expectations in regards to our response time and quality of our customer benefits queries.
- Own Benefits Support execution and manage the support queue. Ensure delivery on our benefits commitments including day-to-day service levels, customer experience, quality, responsiveness, and compliance measures.
- Assist in rolling out software that we will use as a foundation for our support offering and that encourages automation, with personalisation.
- Work closely with every other department to input into product, customer onboarding, sales, legal, payroll, and that supports both our company goals by using feedback from the market to drive improvements and provide insights.
- Act as a first line for any escalations from the Benefits Team, provide benefits related support to other teams across the business
- Coach and mentor the Benefits Support team. Assist the Benefits Team overall with training, materials, FAQs, etc.
- Act as a member of the Benefits Leadership team and work on joint projects across disciplines. In this team, collaborate to set a strategic vision and roadmap for Benefits Support.
- Establish a QA process for enhancing our support offering and improving our service quality. This may also include compliance and taxation questions, etc.
What are you great at?
- Worked in a support team before, or been in a similar service role.
- Understands the startup approach to getting things done.
- Comfortable with running and managing projects to successful completion.
- Is able to build, lead, and structure the team in a fully distributed manner across the globe, in different time zones. Ensures high standards, clear responsibilities, and high value service impact.
- Built support KPI’s, understand how to scale support teams, and have hired them to scale, possibly even outsourced.
- Built and managed documentation to speed and minimise the effort required to solve each support query.
- Collaborated with suppliers and tech teams to automate processes, and drive efficiencies amongst our response time.
- Handled more difficult performance management issues with the help of leadership.
- Some understanding of benefits related queries and support matters (ideally at the global or regional, multi-country, level).
You’re the kind of person who…
- Can coach entry level support representatives in an authentic and humble manner.
- Has excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Loves to solve complex operational issues by building simple processes, identifying and using modern (online) solutions to ensure a maximum degree of automation, replacing manual human interaction wherever possible
- Is self-driven problem solver, who always put the team before themselves
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, actively tries to reduce their complexity or automate processes.
- Actively lives our values and strives to help others to behave in line with them as well
- Loves being a Start-up environment
What’s in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you’ll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays.
- Company retreats: We have an annual company-wide retreats, and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: Whilst we are fully remote, we offer all employees access to co-working spaces wherever they live in a flexible manner so that you use what you need.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months, we offer 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for primary caregivers. We also offer enhanced leave for secondary caregivers, of 4 weeks at full pay and an additional 4 weeks of unpaid leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. Prefer a PC to a Mac? No problem. You choose what you need. We’ll give you a budget to get all the infrastructure that enables you to work effectively wherever you are, including broadband costs.
- Education budget: Your development should be a continuous conversation with your manager and they will support you in choosing what you need whether that’s accreditations, workshops, or formal degree programs or courses. Important is that you update your Individual Development Plan with any kind of education you take, so that you make sure that you apply the knowledge you have gained in theory, and the learned information will stay with you long term.
We believe remote working is a great equalizer and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.