Manager, Cloud Engineering
Remote – United States
Olive addresses healthcare’s most burdensome issues with AI and intelligent automation, driving connections between siloed systems that reduce costs and increase capacity for health systems and payers. The team members supporting the company’s mission leverage tools and workplace flexibility that support their personal and professional goals. With Olive’s distributed work environment, teams across the U.S. collaborate and engage in meaningful work that connects the healthcare industry for patients. At Olive, we’re improving operations today so everyone can benefit from a healthier industry tomorrow.
Our Infrastructure team is looking for a Manager, Cloud Engineering to continue to advance the cloud capabilities and services/systems for our internal engineering teams. As part of our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring Olive’s applications build, deploy and run smoothly. You’ll help keep our infrastructure up to date, and use new and existing tools to solve technical problems. At Olive, automation, reliability and efficiency are part of everything we do.
- Collaborate with the Product team, Engineering Directors and other Engineering Team Captains to plan execution of the Product Roadmap.
- Handle Human Resources management of a team of Infrastructure Engineers including the following:
- Regular 1on1s
- Working with HR on any corrective action meetings for direct reports
- Approve timecards of Engineering Interns that report to you.
- Help maintain and contribute to the collaborative Engineering culture.
- Foster proactive and cooperative relationships within engineering teams at Olive.
- Work with a variety of technical and non-technical people.
- Embrace changing requirements.
- Mentor and lead other engineers and help them adhere to our best practices while embracing new technologies.
- Help automate building out each environment using the GitOps philosophy with Terraform.
- Work closely with our Cloud Security Ops team to implement best practices when it comes to securing our application and infrastructure.
- Empower our cross-functional teams to deliver quality software by enhancing the developer experience of their local development by bringing new and innovative practices
- 3+ years of leading a team (can include project teams)
- 3-5 years hands on experience in DevOps/IAC and container technologies
- Be an AWS platform expert in the “core” infrastructure areas (VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple projects, competing priorities and adeptly re-prioritize based on changing needs
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible and adapt well to change
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
At Olive, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. Olive encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Olive AI, Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to provide an amazing place to work. From retirement planning, to a wellness program designed to actively incorporate mental and physical wellness into daily interactions amongst fellow Olivians, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at Olive with 100% of premiums covered for team members and 75% covered for dependents
- Monthly Grid stipend to cover work related expenses
- Unlimited PTO
- EAP/Mental health resources
- Family-building and fertility support via Kindbody
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(K) match
- Wellness program
- Stock Options