Manager, Corporate Development
New York, New York, United States
Legal & Finance
Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world’s most talented video creators on social media. We’re an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, and bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
The Manager will have proven financial and strategic skills and a thorough understanding of the creator economy. They will develop investment theses, identify growth opportunities, and evaluate proposed transactions from a strategic and financial perspective. The Manager will evaluate businesses across a wide spectrum of media and be able to clearly articulate how these various elements interact. This role plays a key role in M&A diligence and deal flow and will interface with internal and external executives.
The ideal candidate for this role will have 4-7 years of combined experience in media as well as investment banking, strategic consulting, venture capital, or private equity and wants to make the jump to deal-making and strategy in the Media and Entertainment business.
- Evaluate, model, and lead due diligence on investment opportunities.
- Assess targets with an understanding of potential synergies and create complex models that reflect both opportunistic upside and risk.
- Perform ongoing research, detailed financial modeling, and analysis to inform investment decisions.
- Develop theses and draft white papers around the future of the media landscape and businesses that Jellysmack can expand into.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to manage the day-to-day execution of investment priorities.
- Manage M&A processes and systems to keep team and executives aware of the latest changes in ongoing deals
- Formulate and prepare presentations to share findings and recommendations for divisional and senior management critical to the decision-making process
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses at the request of senior executives
A little about you:
- 4-7 years of experience working with both media companies as well as investment banks, strategic consultancies, private equity firms, venture capital funds, and other corporate development roles
- Superb quantitative skills, advanced knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint, comfortable working with large amounts of data and financial documents
- Excellent problem-solving skills including project prioritization, critical thinking, and hypothesis development
- Ability to logically break down approaches and assumptions, hypothesis-driven and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience in M&A
- Experience in entertainment and/or media preferred
- B.S / B.A. required
Our Work from Jellywhere philosophy:
Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and / or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.
Nota bene: your residence must be in the country in which you are applying
Perks at Jellysmack:
- Early Summer release Fridays
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- 401K match
The Jellysmack difference:
Jellysmack’s story started in 2016, and since then, our unrivaled platform optimizes and distributes video content across social media platforms and allows creators to reach genuine new fans with zero effort.
We are the only company building the hyper-engaged communities that every creator dreams of because, first and foremost, we are creators too.
Currently home to 520+ influential Creators, including Brad Mondo, Bailey Sarian, and Emmymade, Jellysmack optimizes, operates, and distributes creator-made video content to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. The company’s creator strategy builds upon its success in scaling its own original content channels in beauty (Beauty Studio), soccer (Oh My Goal), gaming (Gamology), and more.
Through the power of our data, we maximize reach and revenue so our creators can stay focused on their passioncreating the best content and entertaining fans around the world. We turn that passion into a brand and that brand into an empire.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure?
We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!