Manager of Data Analysis – Remote
Job Number: 200288
As a manager of data analysis for the Business Catastrophe Management team within the Homeowners Product Management Organization, you’ll guide the analysis, measurement, and recommend actions to mitigate risk. You’ll work with Catastrophe Peril teams as well as other units on opportunities to improve weather-related loss performance. This work will entail assessing exposure changes and reporting progress versus targets to optimize the portfolio. You’ll elevate performance deviations and recommend solutions. You’ll be responsible for exposure forecasting and aiding risk transfer decisions. Other work will include creating and improving upon Product Management tools for decision making, conducting ad hoc analysis, and leading the Product Management team’s evaluation of modeled Catastrophe losses and experience. A successful candidate will have technical skills, the ability to teach and manage others, and soft skills to collaborate across the organization. The ideal candidate will be proactive and able to work through complex problems with ambiguity to reach solutions. Remote work allowed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or Statistics or other related fields of study and 2 years in a supervisory/management role.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 8 years’ analyst experience and 2 years in a supervisory/management role.
- Understanding of Property & Casualty Homeowners knowledge and experience
- Experience working with program languages (SQL or SAS)
- Ability to work successfully with cross functional teams across a matrixed organization with the ability to influence and build strong relationship
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prepare and conduct presentations
- $92,100 – $131,500/year
- Gainshare bonus up to 40% of your eligible earnings based on company performance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
- Medical, dental & vision, including free preventative care
- Wellness& mental health programs
- Health care flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, & life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid & unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short & long-term disability
- Parental & family leave; military leave & pay
- Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Career development & tuition assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship for work authorization for foreign national candidates is available for this position. Individuals in F-1 visa status who will need sponsorship now or in the future are not eligible for hire for this position.
: Business Analysis
: United States
Work From Home: Yes