Manager, Strategic Finance
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called “multiplexing”, which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn’s system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below.
How we work
We love working async (www.notion.so/80c01cd443ad4c77a8ceaef7c5fba5d0) and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Manager of Strategic Finance on our FP&A team.
We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative, and engaged Manager to join our FP&A team. As one of the first members of the FP&A team, you will have the opportunity to build and establish processes for all areas of ownership. In this role, you will play a key role in equity & debt raises, investor reporting including board meetings, and evaluate and provide support for growth opportunities for the company. You should have the ability to lead cross-functional projects, communicate effectively and efficiently, and be excited to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience – investment banking, private equity, consulting, high-growth start-up, or public tech company.
- Expert modelling skills, including prior buildout of full company operating model & long-term plan.
- Successfully closing an M&A transaction or an equity/debt capital raising in a corporate role or as an advisor.
- A proven ability to build strong and collaborative working relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization.
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to thrive in an unstructured and fast-paced environment.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- Support setting the M&A strategy for Remote.
- Evaluate inbound M&A opportunities and proactively reach out to potential targets.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on execution of live M&A projects.
- Support the Strategic Finance team with the annual and long-term corporate model.
- Manage reporting and other ad hoc requests for investors and internal stakeholders.
- Play a key role in the execution of equity and debt capital raising, including preparation of materials, coordinating internal and external stakeholders, facilitating the due diligence process and ultimately closing the transaction.
- Perform analyses to support Remote’s expansion into new products and markets globally.
- Perform ad hoc strategic projects and analyses as needed.
- You’ll report to: Senior Manager, Strategic Finance
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).