Virtual Math Teacher ( Secondary)
Remote – Full Time
What You Will Do:
- Establish a culture of high expectations that ensures all scholars in the classroom meet their projected individual growth goals
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with State Standards and PLA Instructional Guidelines
- Assess students regularly and personalize classroom instruction based on assessment data and each scholar’s needs
- Communicate regularly with students and families and involve families as partners in their child’s education
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs and improve instructional practices throughout the school
- Ensure scholar classroom retention of 80% during an academic school year
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Credential required OR Enrolled in an accredited teacher licensing program
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
- Strength in using data to drive instruction
- Willingness to align your mission with the vision of PLA’s Core Values.
AND ARE YOU?
- Able to drive the mission and vision of PLA
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? APPLY NOW!
Why should you apply?
PLA offers student loan forgiveness and support (for those that qualify), competitive salary and benefits, strong Professional Development, leverage & integrated technology, appreciation and recognition year-round, participation in free Summer Program & job training program for your dependents, and additional income opportunities.