Title: Media Relations and Communications Senior Specialist
- Location: United States – Remote
Come join a winning team! Here at Imprivata you’ll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our virtual team-building events.
While we’re diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we’re making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Media Relations & Communications Senior Specialist to join our team.
Join one of the Boston area’s Best Places to Work! Our offices are in the Boston area, but this can be a remote position for the right candidate.
Imprivata’s Media Relations & Communications Senior Specialist plays a keep role in developing communications efforts that externally promote and publicize Imprivata’s values, culture, people, solutions, performance, brand, and reputation. This role will partner with key functional stakeholders and third parties to deliver information and engaging communications in support of company-wide initiatives while maintaining a consistent brand voice across all channels.
Reporting to the Vice President of Brand, Digital & Communications, this role will focus on expanding Imprivata’s external awareness with an emphasis on media and analyst relations, thought leadership, social media, awards and speaking engagements, and message development.
This position requires superior storytelling and organization abilities along with strong verbal, writing, and editing skills to support communications efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a key point of contact for global public relations agencies and assist with media inquiries and Imprivata spokespersons commentary as needed
- Ensure global public relations strategy is executed seamlessly across all regions, working collaboratively with agencies and department leadership on key message development and topic identification to further drive the brand and corporate story forward
- Serve as a key point of contact for analyst relationships, including planning, organizing, and participating in briefings
- Manage internal approvals of all public relations items and post PR wins to company website in a timely fashion
- Communicate PR plans and deliverables to the global Imprivata marketing team and key internal stakeholders
- Find and create opportunities to build Imprivata’s reputation and customer loyalty by identifying, tracking, and creating content for company and customer awards and speaking engagements
- Research, write, edit, review, and enhance company communication materials of varying complexities, including but not limited to press releases, bylines, and other thought leadership materials
- Lead messaging construction for thought leadership topics to inform public relations efforts and support global marketing initiatives
- Support the corporate social media strategy, collaborating with internal stakeholders and third-party agencies to drive the creation and adoption of content and campaigns
- Work as a trusted partner and adviser to internal business partners across multiple disciplines to identify communications needs and assist with the creation, development, and execution of content
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication strategies and tactics to continuously improve company communication efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Marketing
- 1-3 years of previous experience proactively identifying technology trends, developing compelling narratives, and pitching business, vertical, and industry trade publications to a high degree of success
- Must possess an understanding of public relations, social media, and B2B marketing within the technology industry
- Proven ability to write creative, precise, and grammatically correct communications
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and communicate orally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to translate complex ideas and processes into simple, authentic, and compelling communications, fluidly navigating between strategy and execution
- Must be willing to collaborate on content creation and view being edited as an opportunity to learn through constructive feedback
- Ability to simultaneously manage deadlines for multiple projects and adapt to frequently changing priorities
- Ability to work in teams and independently
- Outcome-focused and motivated by delivering measurable results
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!