Medical Billing Specialist
EOE STATEMENTCPSI is a proud equal opportunity employer (EOE). However you identify and whatever background you bring, we welcome you to apply to any role that would make you excited to work in healthcare. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. We are committed to being a company where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
TruBridge, a Healthcare Services company based in Mobile, AL is seeking applicants for a remote medical billing specialist (work from home)in its Business Services division.
TruBridge is a rapidly growing organization that has a need of hiring experienced medical billers all across the country. If you possess critical access or acute care billing experience and are interested in joining a growing team, please submit your resume to TruBridge.This position is responsible for acting as a liaison for hospitals and clinics using TruBridge Accounts Receivable Management Services. They work closely with TruBridge management and hospital employees to ensure timely and accurate submission of insurance claims as well as to facilitate effective follow-up and receipting of insurance claims. Candidates must be detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and time management skills.
Job Description: Daily billing of insurance claims, follow up on unpaid claims, denial management and filing appeals when appropriate to obtain maximum reimbursement.
- Ensure all claims are submitted daily with a goal of zero errors
- Timely follow up on insurance claim status
- Reading and interpreting an EOB (Explanation of Benefits)
- Respond to inquiries by insurance companies
- Denial Management
- Meet with Billing Manager/Supervisor to discuss and resolve reimbursement issues or billing obstacles
- Any additional duties as requested by management
- 5 years of recent Critical Access or Acute Care facility billing
- Medicare Billing Experience Required
- Computer skills
- Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to communicate with various insurance payers
- Experience in filing claim appeals with insurance companies to ensure maximum reimbursement
- Responsible use of confidential information
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Base download/upload internet speed of at least 5Mbps SATELLITE/HOT SPOT INTERNET IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Quiet, dedicated space to work
- All equipment will be provided by TruBridge