Title: Medical Coder – Remote
Location: United States
Job Category: Clinical
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
$3000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest – growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
We offer 4 weeks of training. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Reviews and resolves all services in assigned charge review, claim edit, and denial / follow – up work queues to ensure timely and accurate charge capture or insurance follow – up
- Accurately deciphers charge error reasons and plan follow – up steps
- Conducts charge reconciliation by reviewing various reports detailing billable activity and following-up, as necessary to ensure charges are submitted and cleared from missing charge reports
- Reviews all applicable data sources, including but not limited to, electronic health record, inpatient admit, discharge and transfer (ADT) reports, operative logs (aka Op Logs), nursing home visit documentation, procedure reports generated from non – electronic health record systems, etc.
- Documents clear and concise notes within the electronic health record according to established standards to facilitate comprehensive and accurate claim history
- Reviews electronic health record, scanning database and other systems to obtain required information such as referral / authorization numbers, Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) or financial responsibility form (FRF) capture, accident or work injury dates, etc.
- Follows all department policies and procedures, desk level procedures, guidance documents, or other work tools designed to ensure accuracy
- Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of coding experience
- AHIMA OR AAPC certification
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ years of experience in a cardiology specific environment
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 – $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 – $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.