Title: Medical Scribe – Healthful (Remote – Nationwide)
Location: United States
Job Type: PERMANENT
Job Time: FULLTIME
Remote, Nationwide – Seeking Medical Annotator
Everybody Has A Role to Play in Transforming Healthcare
As a Medical Annotator, you play a vital role in acting as the ‘Human in the Loop’- helping ‘Quinn’, our AI, to navigate the complexities, idioms, and unexpected responses that humans tend to give when communicating verbally. At Healthful we know the impact you can have.
Join the Healthful Team. We are dedicated to simplifying the healthcare journey by delivering patients and their families highly personalized support and guidance through the healthcare ecosystem. We are a united team of patient care navigators, scribes, medical annotators, and business leaders that come together to break down the social and economic barriers to care that our patients face. Our core values of Caring, Servant Leadership, Ownership Mentality and Innovation guide us in providing the best healthcare service we can. Ultimately, we are unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives, and we believe everyone has a role to play in that. Help us shape the future of healthcare.
- Helps train Artificial Intelligence (AI) by performing labeling and annotation from a (HIPPA secure) remote office.
- Edits clinical summary notes generated by Quinn (AI) before being sent to the provider for final review.
- Analyzes patients’ responses to basic medical pre-screening questions to identify the responses that answer the questions.
- Labels and annotates patients’ responses to expand them into a more complete and meaningful result.
- Captures the best and most accurate data to drive the AI that routes a patient to the appropriate resource.
- Understand the requirements of, and compile, a complete patient note to ensure patient encounters are billable.
- Ensures the patient-provider dialogue proceeds smoothly from the perspective of the patient to optimize the patient experience.
- Assists with advancements in machine learning to provide seamlessly integrated healthcare for both virtual and on-site patient care services.
Required Experience and Competencies
- One year as a Scribe or Medical Assistant.
- Previous healthcare experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of the requirements of what constitutes a billable patient encounter.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and video conferencing.
- Skilled listener.
- Skilled verbal and written communicator, with legibility and spelling proficiency.
- Ability to think like a healthcare provider to pick up on the patient’s answers.
- Ability to think critically and use logic and reasoning to approach problems and identifying alternative solutions.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage time while performing job duties and competing priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to type 50+ words per minute.
- Previous experience as an Annotator is preferred.
Even when you are working remotely, you are an important part of the Vituity Community. We offer plenty of opportunities to engage with other Vitans through a variety of virtual meet-and-greets, events and seminars.
- Monthly wellness events and programs such as yoga, HIIT classes, and more
- Trainings to help support and advance your professional growth
- Team building activities such as happy hours and holiday celebrations
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunities to attend Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) events including LGBTQ+ History, Dia de los Muertos Celebration, Money Management/Money Relationship, and more.
Benefits & Beyond*
Healthful cares about the whole you. With our comprehensive benefits package, we are mindful of what matters most, and support your needs of today and your plans for the future.
- Superior health plan options
- Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, Life and AD&D coverage, and more
- Top Tier 401(k) retirement savings plans that offers a $1.20 match for every dollar up to 6%
- Student Loan Refinancing Options
- EAP, travel assistance and identify theft included
- Wellness program
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including LGBTQ+ History, Dia de los Muertos Celebration, Money Management/Money Relationship, and more.
- Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our patients, communities, and employees.