Registered Nurse Care Coach – Part Time
This is a remote role. CircleLink Health is looking for passionate, tech savvy registered nurses to work remotely and serve patients enrolled in Medicare’s Chronic Care Management Program. In this part time role (20-25 hrs per week), an RN Care Coach will be assigned a group of patients that they will be following and calling each month. In these monthly calls you will provide education, coordinate care, close preventive care gaps, and coach on strategies for self-management to keep them out of the hospital.
- Utilize our specialized care management software to call Medicare patients with 2 or more chronic conditions (Diabetes, CHF, Chronic Pain, COPD, etc.) on a monthly basis
- Build and maintain rapport with patients to help coach them to improved health through SMART goals and education on self-management strategies
- Implement and improve the Plan of Care by updating medications, appointments due, biometrics, symptoms, and interventions made
- Connect the patient with community resources as needed, including transportation, personal care needs, prescription/DME assistance, social services, etc.
- Conduct Transitional Care Management activities to high risk patients discharged from the hospital and the ER to reduce unnecessary readmissions.
- Close care gaps by encouraging and assisting with preventive care measures, i.e. annual well visits, vaccines, cancer screens, follow-up/specialist appointments, etc.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in English
- Self-directed, able to work independently with little supervision while meeting performance metrics
- Passion for nursing and improving patient outcomes
- Good with technology and eager to learn and use new software
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and telephonic skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
Education and Experience:
- Current, unrestricted Compact License
- Proficiency with electronic health records and web based applications
- 3+ years experience as a Registered Nurse
Preferred Education and Experience, but not required:
- Case Management or Chronic Disease Management experience
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing or other behavior change communication techniques
Scheduling and Other Requirements
- RN needs a STRONG internet-connected computer
- Minimum of 20-25 hours of availability per week required
- You will commit to your own schedule using our software
- Work must be completed on weekdays between 9am-6pm
- This is a 1099 contract position with no end date. Care coaches are responsible for their own taxes and insurance.
Care Coaches can earn up to $45.00 per hour. Compensation is paid at the rate of $15.00 per initial Clinical Encounter per patient per month. A clinical encounter occurs after two criteria are met: a patient has a successful clinical call and the patient has 20 minutes or more of time in their chart timer.
- Ex: If in one hour you called and spoke 3 patients and spent 20 minutes with each of them, your pay for that hour would be $45.00 per hour ($15.00/pt reached x 3)
- Ex: If in one hour you called and spoke with 2 patients and spent 30 minutes with each of them, your pay for that hour would be $30.00 ($15.00/pt reached x 2).
Monthly via direct deposit, 40 days after the last day of the month of service. This is due to the time it takes Medicare to process reimbursements, but your monthly pay is guaranteed after the month is over.
About CircleLink Health:
CircleLink Health is a company of passionate clinicians, technologists and business people tackling the $600B problem of preventable chronic and post-acute complications. We’re building a world-class Care Management platform to enable providers while accelerating the shift to preventative care instead of status quo reactive care.