Nurse Member Advocate
Remote – USA
The Nurse Member Advocate is an integral part of a cross-functional clinical team comprised of physicians, nurses, medical assistants, pharmacy technicians and support staff that facilitates the 24/7 delivery of whole person healthcare, ensuring the optimal use of internal and external, diverse health care resources to improve health outcomes.
The nurses are responsible for care delivery in all Teladoc service lines focusing on ensuring the highest clinical quality, as well as member and client satisfaction.
- Works in partnership with clinical team in support of case development and management, care and treatment plans including accurate case documentation, identifying relevant medical data to be collected and providing clear, concise communication to members, internal and external partners.
- Serve as the ongoing coordinator of primary and preventative care, episodic care, expert medical opinion and other service lines
- Obtains a comprehensive health history by leading members through a systematic and dynamic intake assessment to capture all relevant data about their current condition and health history and directs members to most appropriate service line; sets appropriate member expectations for each process
- Resolves prescription issues related to episodic care within established protocols and turn-around times
- Maintains his/her own availability within Outlook for scheduling of member visits and all follow ups
- Utilizes the company’s proprietary database to help connect members to Teladoc Health and external physicians and completes referrals where appropriate, both internal and external
- Conducts member health coaching and provides treatment decision support service via printed educational materials and videos
- Uses clinical judgment in the review of complex medical issues to ensure accuracy of clinical summaries/reports and care plans
- Provides clinical support and guidance to support staff regarding case related inquiries
- Ensures adherence to established processes and compliance with privacy legislation and regulations with all parties encountered in the service delivery
- Is accountable for meeting service standards for speed of case progression, overall quality, and member satisfaction
- Support additional projects as needed
- Registered Nurse
- BSN Preferred
- 5 years recent experience in the acute care setting preferred
- Mental Health, Critical Care, Med-Surg, Primary Care background preferred
- Quality driven with a focus on flawless customer service
- Strong clinical knowledge base
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding team player & strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual-Spanish Speaking a plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask with ease
- Ability to work independently but recognize when escalation is warranted
- Proficiency using technology and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
The base salary range for this position is $75,000.00 – $85,000.00. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for performance bonus, RSU’s, and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2022. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
- A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
- Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
- Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
- Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employerby numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
- Diversity and Inclusion:At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
- Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.