Nursing Script Writer (Contract)
Who We Are
At Osmosis, we believe that everyone who cares for someone can learn by Osmosis. Our global team’s mission is to empower clinicians and caregivers with the best learning experience possible, increase healthcare capacity, and ultimately improve patient outcomes. In 2021, Osmosis partnered with Elsevier – the world’s leading publisher. This combined partnership will help us reach our goal of educating a billion people by 2025. Together, we are creating a more caring world by developing the most caring people.
What You’ll Do
As a Nursing Editor and Writer, you will work closely with our nursing content team, which consists of other script writers and editors. The scripts you create will be illustrated and turned into one of our amazing Osmosis-style videos! You might also be asked to revise scripts based on the feedback from nurses, doctors, and other experts of their respective fields. Sometimes, you’ll be asked to complete trainings and participate in team meetings and discussions where you get to interact with members from the video team and other teams. This is a part-time contract position.
- Write 900 to 1800 words per week (estimated 10-30 hours of work)
- Research and write scripts for video and other projects following the Osmosis style guidelines
- Edit and revise written materials based on feedback from editors and experts
- Participate in team meetings and 1:1s with editors or team managers
- Work with illustrators and voice over artists
- Complete a course in script writing and editing upon hire
What You Bring
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with one at least one (1) year of clinical experience
- Available to dedicate 10 30 hours of work per week consistently
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Preferred: Nursing education experience
How You Work
- You must be regularly available during Eastern Standard Time (UTC – 5)
- You have access to a work environment that is conducive to working remotely (stable internet and computer)
- Receptive to constructive feedback on style and substance
- Mission and Value Aligned. You resonate with our organizational values. You are motivated to help us achieve our common goals and vision!
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with changes to projects, goals, and strategies. You are comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment.
- Proactive. You seek out new ways to problem-solve both solo or with your team members.
- Growth mindset-oriented. You work through change and obstacles to reach resolutions and constantly seek new knowledge.
- Solutions Oriented. You love proposing solutions and lean towards problem-solving action.
- Reliable. You hold yourself accountable and take ownership for mistakes.
- Caring Communicator. You know the importance of clear, thoughtful communication in a fully distributed environment.
This is a part-time contract position.
Osmosis is a remote-only team. However, Elsevier has many offices around the world which Osmosis employees can choose to visit.
One of our values is to Open Your Arms. In line with this, Osmosis from Elsevier is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you have any specific needs that may require a different method for application submission, please reach out to us at email@example.com.