Title: Onboarding Specialist
Location: US National
Our mission is simple—we’re changing the way we care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? If you’re someone who shares our core values—Care Starts with Connection, Great Solutions Demand Empathy, When You Grow We Grow, Our Differences Propel Us—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our leadership as an innovator—and our rapid growth. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But we’re not a tech company, we’re a human company. The technology we design just helps our people be even better at their jobs.
About the Work:
The Onboarding Specialist will own the onboarding process for new Care Pros joining the Honor platform through implementations and integrations across a variety of states. This person is responsible for ensuring each candidate is a compliant pre-hire and will diligently track and manage all pre and post-hire steps. We are seeking a highly-organized individual who can meet ambitious hiring targets while providing a quality experience for all of our new Care Pros.
***(travel required 50% of the time, up to 75%)
- Guide new Care Pro candidates in navigating the pre-employment process, providing on-the-ground in person support when needed (travel required 50% of the time, up to 75%)
- Motivate candidates to complete steps promptly through excellent customer support and timely response in a fast-paced environment
- Gather and process all new hire documents, including employment authorization documents, and ensure they are compliant with state and local requirements as well as Honor’s internal guidelines
- Diligently track applicant progress, and clearly communicate expectations and deadlines via phone, text, or e-mail
- Provide candidates with an excellent onboarding experience while maintaining a sense of urgency to get them through their onboarding steps
- Become an expert in compliance requirements by state, able to explain and navigate a variety of issues
- Manage a high volume of candidates from many different markets at any given time, while independently prioritizing own time
- Troubleshoot candidate issues with utilizing technology or understanding state-specific onboarding requirements
- Master Honor’s internal platforms, understanding relevant features and functionality
- Participate in process pilots and other ad hoc projects to further improve the onboarding process as we scale
- Operate with a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism while handling sensitive information
- Professional presence with the ability to liaise directly with Partners and other stakeholders
To succeed in the role, you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative, customer service, or employee onboarding role preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate, through both verbal and written communication, with many stakeholders, internal and external
- Strong customer service, patience + empathy in all communications – phone, comms, email, slack
- Strong relationship management – building trust quickly, active listening and ability to diffuse higher emotion with redirection
- Highly organized with ability to manage time and prioritize effectively
- Strong attention to detail with an exceptionally high bar for accuracy and quality
- Ability to prioritize on levels of risk, informed by basic understanding of HR
- Aptitude for learning and mastering new technologies quickly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Experience with Google Suite and Slack
- Experience in caregiving or other healthcare space preferred but not required
- Experience in Human Resources
Honor is remote friendly! We’re hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. No roles will require permanent relocation, but as conditions allow, we’ll have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you’re looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we’d love to talk to you.