Order Entry Representative
Department: Order Entry (ORDER)
Welcome to Exemplis, home of custom office products, can I take your order? Don’t worry, no uniforms, fast food restaurants or orange soda included with our awesome Order Entry role! As an Order Entry Representative, you will be an integral part of the team that ensures 400+ orders per day are entered with the highest level of urgency and accuracy in a fast paced, metric driven environment where no order (or day) will look the same. Will you be the Kel to our Keenan?!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Enter orders from 1st in queue system – minimum daily order requirement must be met.
- Responsible for processing and entering all sales orders accordingly. This includes entering GSA/State contract sales orders into government checklist when necessary.
- Assist Customer Support Representatives with proofing of acknowledgments.
- Running necessary Order Entry reports as required
- Matching acknowledgments to sales orders
- Alert both IT and Manager with all system errors, pricing errors, engineering errors, etc. to avoid product holds on incoming orders
- Assist in parts entry, literature fulfillment and other administrative duties to improve performance to the customer
- Clarify open issues such as pricing and missing order information
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 + years work experience in data entry
- Ability to pass assessment measuring typing speed and accuracy
Exemplis is the fastest-growing office furniture and e-commerce company in the industry! We’re an entrepreneurial company offering infinite possibilities. Being a one-stop-shop means our customers can have everything they need to create exactly what they want. Our world-class customer service, fastest shipping, biggest textile program, and award-winning designs have made us the industry leader for over 25 years. Our SitOnIt Seating brand was created to give our customers what they want, how they want it, when they want it. Today, we’re constantly reimagining how space, textile, and design can help everyone—from medical offices to Fortune 500 companies to home offices across North America—get more out of their day.
People are at the core of our business, and on our team, everyone makes an impact. We absolutely owe our success to our incredible group of talented employees who bring equal parts skill, passion, drive – and of course, fun — to the table each and every day. We have created a workplace that is inclusive and diverse — where everyone can be their authentic self, and where that authenticity is celebrated. By creating an environment where people from every background can thrive, Exemplis becomes a better and more successful company.
We’re proud to be a company that gives back to the very communities that our team members live and work in. Our giving ethos focuses on three buckets of impact: sustainability, community outreach and transparent operations. From donating lobby seating to medical clinics in low-income neighborhoods—to our yearly giving week and toy drive for Toys for Tots – we believe collaboration, kindness and authenticity are essential to our humanity.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.